(Update: Download it NOW!) New Look for Android Market Coming Soon

curlysgirly

Reaction score
I quit using this a few days after installing it and reverted back to the old one. NOW that it rolled out to everyone I'm stuck with it. It's terrible. Can't sort reviews by date and it shows random apps that "need" to be updated but when you click it no update is there and only gives the option to open or uninstall. Also, can't select specific apps to bulk update. This is a serious fail. Sure, I can go to the web page on my laptop but I have a smartphone to do things ON my smartphone. Major fix needed here!

luv2golf

Reaction score
I quit using this a few days after installing it and reverted back to the old one. NOW that it rolled out to everyone I'm stuck with it. It's terrible. Can't sort reviews by date and it shows random apps that "need" to be updated but when you click it no update is there and only gives the option to open or uninstall. Also, can't select specific apps to bulk update. This is a serious fail. Sure, I can go to the web page on my laptop but I have a smartphone to do things ON my smartphone. Major fix needed here!

If you are rooted, you can pull an earlier vending.apk from the ROM your running and replace the new market vending.apk with it. Works like a champ. I too hate the new market and have replaced it with the older one.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or you might be able to just use the uninstall updates option in app management

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

jacrx17

Reaction score
Installed on my thunderbolt running Das Bamf RC 4.9 without any issues

Sent From My TB (Not The Virus) using Droid Forums

curlysgirly

Reaction score
I'm not rooted (gasp!). From what I've read on other sites/posts even if you revert back to the original the new market keeps coming back. Isn't there a cream or antibiotic for that?? I didn't see anything in the Google Market dev site even addressing a fix to this. Who thought this was a good idea?? LOL

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not rooted (gasp!). From what I've read on other sites/posts even if you revert back to the original the new market keeps coming back. Isn't there a cream or antibiotic for that?? I didn't see anything in the Google Market dev site even addressing a fix to this. Who thought this was a good idea?? LOL

That would be a problem lol...however I'm sure they'll iron out the bugs and push out a fixed market update eventually

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

curlysgirly

Reaction score
I want to do it BUT my phone is super stable right now. I have never (knock on wood) had the problems that other TB users have. 4g is sweet and my battery isn't perfect but I've been an early phone adopter for 20 years now and have learned to plug my phone in and carry spares :) Plus I have this major issue with following directions and my mind wanders off usually by step 2 :) Haha

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I want to do it BUT my phone is super stable right now. I have never (knock on wood) had the problems that other TB users have. 4g is sweet and my battery isn't perfect but I've been an early phone adopter for 20 years now and have learned to plug my phone in and carry spares :) Plus I have this major issue with following directions and my mind wanders off usually by step 2 :) Haha

Ditto ! :laugh: As if I wrote it.

lwags67

Reaction score
Don't like the interface. Too much real estate taken up by ads for movies, etc. Since it is pushed out, cannot revert to older version and stay there.
Very disappointed. As a result, will not use it, so, developers, you are loosing potential customers if a lot of people take this route.