1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

update coming soon?

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by ducky124, May 27, 2011.

1. ducky124

ducky124 Member

Can we expect any updates soon. After running CM7 for 2 weeks on my Droid 1 I find it to be very buggy. Almost to the point of being unusable due to its lack of reliability.
  2. mofo_droid

mofo_droid New Member

Functioning well ...

Enjoying CM7 #85 w/ latest deprimed @ 900MHz on my Droid - very smooth and fast! No issues w/ the apps that I utilize.
  3. catpaws

catpaws New Member

What sort of bugs are you seeing? Are you using the stable version or nightlies?
  4. ducky124

ducky124 Member

i can honestly say this is the worst ROM i have used. I have used both stable and nightlies. I get force closes, it doesn't remember any default programs after reboot. Camera freezes, can't mount usb. random reboots. The list goes on and on. The worst part is I tried to go back to Sapphire from a back up, but the market doesn't seem to work after that. I like alot of the features and if the ROM was stable I would love it, but I need to have a phone that is reasonably reliable.
  5. Taco

Taco New Member

You wiped before returning to sapphire yea? Like 4x?

Gingerbread isn't meant for the D1. You have to give these devs credit for getting it going as good as it is right now. May I suggest trying the v6supercharged script? Its doing good things for many people.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

The only problem I had with CM7 is random reboots and some missed calls (kinda of a big deal really for me) which caused me to run back to my comfort zone, Froyo.

You really can't harp on devs for GB instability on the OG. I probably wont touch GB until I upgrade but it's fun to check it out... just don't expect it to be your main ROM on the OG. Froyo is the OG's best friend.
  7. catpaws

catpaws New Member

I have had a few ocassional random reboots, but other than that no problems on CM7. I am using the latest stable version. You guys did wipe right?
  8. DanDroidX

DanDroidX New Member

So apparently I'm winning, because the only issue I have is the occasional FC or low memory kill.

Sent from the Droidforums App via a Neurocellular Processing Unit.
  9. jengas kahn

jengas kahn New Member

yeah my only true gripe is music playback "skipping"... which is, once again, an issue with the d1. not gingerbread. not cyanogenmod.
  10. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Not having any problems with CM7.0.3 on the OG Droid EXCEPT:

1. Losing data connectivity after a phone call (occasionally)
    2. Camera app locks up (fixed by changing to the "Performance" governor BEFORE opening the camera app).
    3. Latest Google Maps app crashes constantly and is unusable.
    4. Phone won't stop ringing after the call is answered (occasionally).

No "low memory" bugs (I use Link2SD and Swapper2 with good success) and no performance issues (use Zeppelin's supercharger script). I'm using the kernel that ships with CM7.0.3.
  11. ducky124

ducky124 Member

i ran v6supercharged script over the weekend. phone seemed pretty good today. I'll have to see how it works as the week progresses.