update broke my phone

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
I called tech support today....we did a factory reset and then a secondaryy...it's been great since 11:00 a.m. and the battery life seems much better. It gets gps lock immediately with the nav and the weather widget locks me in right away...

All audio issues are also fixed...audio with video works fine...and is plenty loud..

MrKleen

Reaction score
Explain that if it is a bug why so many of us don't have it. Also those that had the reboots and it was resolved with a factory reset.

If a factory reset doesn't resolve then move on to something else. Including reverting to the original radio if that worked.

It is fixable. Random reboots have been around a long time along with the solutions.

But I do agree that everything should work without having to mess with it.

All I can explain is that many "bugs" or software glitches do not impact everyone. While there may be some that had a battery pull fix it or a reset fix it....there are still some of.us that these things do not fix it. If I could explain why, I'd patch the firmware myself. Heck, if the software engineers could explain it, we'd have bugless software releases. Reality just isn't as black and white as you're trying to paint it. All of our phones will not react identically to every issue or every bug....despite the fact we have he same model. I like the TB...so I will take my replacement and play the odds.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

If your phone was fine before the update and a factory data reset didn't work did you try reverting back to your original radio?

I agree not every glitch is the same on every phone. Each phone may require a different approach to fixing it. But it can still be fixed.

When you have issues with your next phone I will help you fix it so you don't have to continue replacing phones.

reefsrt4

Reaction score
Explain that if it is a bug why so many of us don't have it. Also those that had the reboots and it was resolved with a factory reset.

If a factory reset doesn't resolve then move on to something else. Including reverting to the original radio if that worked.

It is fixable. Random reboots have been around a long time along with the solutions.

But I do agree that everything should work without having to mess with it.

All I can explain is that many "bugs" or software glitches do not impact everyone. While there may be some that had a battery pull fix it or a reset fix it....there are still some of.us that these things do not fix it. If I could explain why, I'd patch the firmware myself. Heck, if the software engineers could explain it, we'd have bugless software releases. Reality just isn't as black and white as you're trying to paint it. All of our phones will not react identically to every issue or every bug....despite the fact we have he same model. I like the TB...so I will take my replacement and play the odds.

If your phone was fine before the update and a factory data reset didn't work did you try reverting back to your original radio?

I agree not every glitch is the same on every phone. Each phone may require a different approach to fixing it. But it can still be fixed.

When you have issues with your next phone I will help you fix it so you don't have to continue replacing phones.

No, I didn't revert back to the original radio. I haven't rooted the phone and am assuming to revert back, I'd need to be rooted. If the issues do appear again on the replacement and the simple things do not resolve it, ill get in touch with you. Appreciate the offer to assist.

bigddyz

Reaction score
Talked to a supervisor at Verizon. He told me HTC wasa ware of the situation. Said HTC has sin w stop anymore update till it corrects this issue. So to bad for me but assured me a new update will be available soon to fix the last ota. Told me I could get a cln but I told him I have never had good experiences with cln. So of its not a hardware issue. I will wait. He gave me a 29.99 credit since I was inconvenienced. Call Verizon it cant hurt.

MrKleen

Reaction score
No you wouldn't need to be rooted.

Hope everything is smooth from here on out for you.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Talked to a supervisor at Verizon. He told me HTC wasa ware of the situation. Said HTC has sin w stop anymore update till it corrects this issue. So to bad for me but assured me a new update will be available soon to fix the last ota. Told me I could get a cln but I told him I have never had good experiences with cln. So of its not a hardware issue. I will wait. He gave me a 29.99 credit since I was inconvenienced. Call Verizon it cant hurt.

I can't believe they would screw you over with a cln instead of reverting you back to the old radio. You made a good choice!

Five minutes... To revert

bigddyz

Reaction score
They told I could not revert. I would in a min Bpd wasn't so hot but I don't use it much to care