[UPDATE] Android Market v2.2.6 Released

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
After all the reading i assume this isnt the Official release of the New Market. Its just an apk someone made? Or is this the Official? And if it is shouldn't it automatically update on my stock droidx ?

naman919

Reaction score
wont install. im running CM 6.1

me neither.

To the people who have this running, Did you get the live wallpapers and widgets sections?
I didnt..

I'm curious about this as well.

After all the reading i assume this isnt the Official release of the New Market. Its just an apk someone made? Or is this the Official? And if it is shouldn't it automatically update on my stock droidx ?

I'm assuming it's a rip from a phone that the apk was already pushed to "officially". The errors people are encountering are most likely due to the apk not playing well with devices other than the original it was ripped from.

bummer. i can't wait to see it though.

side note, i just learned about the inverted market everyone's been using. gonna go find out what that's all about now! w00t.

naman919

Reaction score
for some reason i can't edit my last post.

to post #46, it should be pushed to your phone as an updated app in the market you currently have. they're rolling it out over the next few weeks, just wait a bit.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
You cant edit comments in the news section.

From Android Spin, they report that Android Police state it will only work on stock Droids.

Now myself, I wonder here, because there really isnt anything strange about sapphire in that reguard, but again, it depends upon what the apk was taken from.

Ahh Well, I'm moving to lurk mode on this, still hoping that we get it and maps 5 this week. :)

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

OSX2000

Reaction score
Beautiful new Market! And it works perfect with UD 2.4 on mine. :) It is a little cluttered though I think. I liked having the comments on a separate page from the apps. Something to get used to...

My biggest complaint...apps that I uninstalled via the Market and reinstalled manually to avoid update nags (Shazam for example) are all back...in all their nagging glory. :(

thechaps

Reaction score
Works perfect on Droid X running Tranq 3.6. Just rename Vending.apk to Vending.apk.bak and move the new vending listed on Page 3 to the system and install it.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
To the people who have this running, Did you get the live wallpapers and widgets sections?
I didnt..

As far as live wallpapers go, those are under themes. And widgets, well, those are scattered through out the market.

fs2004josh

Reaction score
after the update downloads and i select to install it...it brings up an error