[UPDATE] Android Market v2.2.6 Released

h4ckd

Reaction score
running the setup in my sig, and won't install either.
I was thinking of removing the market and then installing this one but I haven't yet

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm bumming.

Gee i'd rather get maps 5 than this right now, until we figure it out anyways :)

kingsway8605

Reaction score
If you are having problems installing, using root explorer or something similar, replace the vending apk in system/app with the vending apk provided in this thread. Make sure you are mounted and all that good stuff or it won't work. Keep in mind that you are modifying an app that has direct access to your credit card with an apk you found on the internet. Others are saying the poster is trustworthy though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Vending.apk

here's another link to the apk

This one worked for me. Backed up old Vending.apk.bak
Pasted new version into /system/app via Root Explorer. Set permissions to 644. Deleted market data. Rebooted phone, instant success.

Droid X OTA 2.2.1

Cdjones187

Reaction score
running the setup in my sig, and won't install either.
I was thinking of removing the market and then installing this one but I haven't yet

I froze the market with titanium backup before installing new. Not sure if that made a difference but from what others are saying about UD2.4(OG DROID) it should work no matter what.

lilcdroid

Reaction score
Who is using what phones when they say it is working on UD 2.4?

Moto Droid 1. UD 2.4 using the below apk from JRummy. I already had the bowers inverted in system/app so I just put this on SD Card, install, upgrade and works like a charm.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I renamed my vending.apk to .bak, moved and also set permissions and rebooted.

Looked good for opening, but then FC city.

Retried clearing cache, data, but still FC city.

Went back to original vending.apk, rebooted, and I'm recovered, otherwise I would have just restored from my backup made after getting the 2.3 KB installed :)

Still a bummer...