Update all feature!/phone awesome.

ryanidcomm

Reaction score
Nice update all feature add! All we need is to be able to save apps to the sd card and we can save this phone! Who cares about flash big deal I have not ran into a issue where I've needed flash.

I am sick of this phone getting picked on. I test phones this phone puts up a great fight. Yes the D2 is awesome. But the ally is much cheaper and has better battery life. Correct me if I'm wrong but i m pretty sure this phone has the best battery of the droid line up (Not sure about the smaller omled screens) if I had to pick a droid to be on all day emailing and texting it would be the ally. The keyboard just speaks for its self. I'm not a big phone gamer and if I do play its a simple game. So I understand where the gamers r coming from but COME ON it costs 50$ since when is gaming cheap....

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

Bilgediver

Reaction score
My gf had a few issues, took her two tries to install angry birds.

Thestock kernel doesn't allow overclocking, so you can't go past 600 mhz, while my stock kernel on my droid 1 allowed up to 800 mhz (from stock 550 on an oem 600, go figure)

Don't get me wrong, the lg ally ain't half bad, and my gf really likes her ally.

Btw, rooting by itself won't give you apps2sd, I tried it with titanium backup. Supposedly its doable, but it requires more than just root access and titanium backup.

Droidforums.net appified!

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Although lg did update the market to the froyo version, it finally has update all, which helps.

OP
R

ryanidcomm

Reaction score
You can root the ally to save apps on the sd card. I've seen it done.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Without installing a custom rom it requires partitioning the sd card and a few other things, it technically is possible.

However my gf isn't willing yet for me to do that to it to her phone yet.

Cirnoskire

Reaction score
awesome update recently. now all the games and apps that cease function on reboot now work. Also a lot of game apps are doing this cool thing similar to apptosd where they install and load all the mediabloat in the sd instead of having it with the app itself. The only issue I have with memory is with those damn preinstalled apps that I can't remove.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
You can remove them by rooting your phone with z4root, and using an app like titanium backup to remove them.

If you do that do a backup first, as my gf accidently removed carhome and had to install a third party one from the market.