Update All Apps At Once?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I started a thread on this the other day and I don't know what I said but most people seemed to think I was an idiot. Well, they are right to some extent but geesh!

I agree and the updates always seem to come right when I'm in the middle of something.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I almost never (it's very rare) for me to get notifications from the Market that I have updates available. I manually check daily. I'd welcome the notifications to pop up in the notification bar! Lol

Rettocs

Reaction score
I almost never (it's very rare) for me to get notifications from the Market that I have updates available. I manually check daily. I'd welcome the notifications to pop up in the notification bar! Lol

That is weird, as I said before, every week I get about 30 updates. And its not like I have THAT many apps. I have quite a few, but these updates are ridiculous. Almost everytime I turn on my phone to look at facebook or something, it's like "hey look, 2 more updates"

EDIT: This morning, I woke up, and had 11 new updates.

Last edited:

volando

Reaction score
oh man, did someone make this yet? i just had 8 updates, all with stupid confirmation and everything... annoying as hell!

mitchb2

Reaction score
I've got 9 updates pending now, but I'm going to keep searching for an app to do it.
From another thread I thought AppBrain was it, but it doesn't seem to do what we're looking for.

jtydroid

Reaction score
I think the problem/limitiation here is one of security. It would seem to me to be a MAJOR security hole if one app could install another app without any sort of confirmation.

I know it's a real bugger when you have to do it so much, but in the long run it's the safest thing.

That said, I'm not a dev and perhaps there is a solution close at hand.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I think the problem/limitiation here is one of security. It would seem to me to be a MAJOR security hole if one app could install another app without any sort of confirmation.

Since most of us mindless tap "update" and "ok" anyway, I don't see how it would be any different. I don't read the screens, I just click through them.

Maybe we can get one of those robotic fingers from the Droid commercials.

jtydroid

Reaction score

Since most of us mindless tap "update" and "ok" anyway, I don't see how it would be any different. I don't read the screens, I just click through them.

Sure, but if the app was named 'Ultra hackzor remote exploit, you would likely not click it.

An automated app could install that without your knowledge.

pennybomber1

Reaction score
long thread so I didnt read it all, but the new updating come soon should have this feature in it.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I'd still look at the names of the apps. I just want something that will list all the apps that have updates available, let you check a box next to the ones you want to update, and hit "go."