Update 6.12.181 issue

LBJay

Reaction score
Probably more like a spaghetti test. Throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

Soak testers might provide a more detailed description of problems. But also a small number of releases to general pubic to test VZW support people who get calls, where the total description of the problem is "My XYZ doesn't work now!".

PhDCow

Reaction score
I woke up a few min ago and had. 181 on my phone ready to install. Running through its paces now but I haven't had a cup of coffee yet

Sent from my rooted and Sith powered Moto DROID RAZR

Mine's downloading it right now. I'm not a soak tester or anything. It just popped up and it's taking forever to download.

kennelhelp

Reaction score
Mine's downloading it right now. I'm not a soak tester or anything. It just popped up and it's taking forever to download.

I had just opened this thread (on my laptop) when like magic I received the update notice on my Razr. Downloading took less than a minute over wifi, installing now.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The OTA is not officially out yet.

The soak test is.

The soak test tends to go to others that are not necessarily on the soak list, giving the impression the official OTA has been released.

Soak tests, 9 times out of 10, are the final build of the software to be released.

It doesn't really matter either way, honestly, b/c as long as the soak test has no issues, the "official" release tends to follow suit very quickly. Soak tests are kinda like new engines in a car. At first you have to take it easy on the engine and break it in, make sure nothing blows up on you in the process. Then after a little break-in period, you can let it fly.

pm1066

Reaction score
The OTA is not officially out yet.

The soak test is.

The soak test tends to go to others that are not necessarily on the soak list, giving the impression the official OTA has been released.

Soak tests, 9 times out of 10, are the final build of the software to be released.

It doesn't really matter either way, honestly, b/c as long as the soak test has no issues, the "official" release tends to follow suit very quickly.
In an ideal world, yes. But having been part of two previous soaks that had issues and got released anyways, it is more for damage control than making sure it doesn't have real issues. The soak has been and will be again (181 is very solid) the OTA.