Update 6.12.181 issue

Nastyice

Reaction score
Has anyone else experianced Motocast probs with this update? Everytime I try to connect it says its not installed on my comp. I even tried changing my password on all of them. I thought the whole reason for 181 was a better Motocast experiance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

svstrain

Reaction score
I have not seen the issue you are speaking of. I have encountered a connect issue but was due to MS updates.

-S

raw57

Reaction score
6.12.181 ?????

6.12.181 was never released. The current system version is 6.12.173

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Has anyone else experianced Motocast probs with this update? Everytime I try to connect it says its not installed on my comp. I even tried changing my password on all of them. I thought the whole reason for 181 was a better Motocast experiance.

The last official release is .173. There is a .181 out there, but it has never been released so that might be your problem..it has problems...the reason it hasn't been released via OTA updates.

OP
N

Nastyice

Reaction score
I know, that's why I was asking. If it was an official ota I would of called Verizon. Anyway, it worked itself out. If anyone has this issue a fix permissions seamed to fix it. Im not sure how since that's unrelated, but it did.

raw57

Reaction score
Actually 181 is official and has started rolling out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

I stand corrected. I just saw that this evening.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Actually 181 is official and has started rolling out.

Actually, it hasn't started rolling out yet. The article on Droid-Life, where everyone is getting the information on it coming, says "Usually when these official changelogs go up, and update arrives within a week."

Kimo91

Reaction score
I woke up a few min ago and had. 181 on my phone ready to install. Running through its paces now but I haven't had a cup of coffee yet

Sent from my rooted and Sith powered Moto DROID RAZR

huskur

Reaction score
I woke up a few min ago and had. 181 on my phone ready to install. Running through its paces now but I haven't had a cup of coffee yet

Sent from my rooted and Sith powered Moto DROID RAZR

NICE!!!! Can't wait for the update to hit my Maxx!!

GO BIG RED!!!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
NICE!!!! Can't wait for the update to hit my Maxx!!

It's only supposed to be for soak testers at this time, so I wouldn't get too excited yet unless you're a part of the soak test.

cece5702

Reaction score
Umm... actually thats not true. My sister got her update this morning and a co-worker. They both are not soak testers.
It's only supposed to be for soak testers at this time, so I wouldn't get too excited yet unless you're a part of the soak test.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This happens every time... soak test will start, random non-soakers will get it as well. It hasn't officially been released to everybody yet, but the fact that rumors are popping up of soak tests actually going out now after it was delayed before, combined with the change log info yesterday - the official 181 release should be super close.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Umm... actually thats not true. My sister got her update this morning and a co-worker. They both are not soak testers.

Notice I said "supposed to be." Officially, it's only supposed to be for soak testers right now. That doesn't mean that the update might not get out for some other people (as it often does).