update 4.4 for Samsung Galaxy S4

jshaw42

Reaction score
The 4.4.2 update through the plhone was a disaster on line. The GPS, when turned on, kept flashing, which ate up the battery and heated the S4. I took it to U. S. Cellular and they did a direct connect flash. Now I have to pend the week rebuilding - adding apps back, reentering information, setting up preferences - a load of stuff.

I am not so sure the upgrade was ready. But, the phone works properly now.

coryrk26

Reaction score
Still no update for us Verizon owners. Anyone have any new info/rumors about when we can expect or update?

Jdanner46

Reaction score
Who cares.. I don't want the update, it kills my foxfi and my free WiFi saving 40$$

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Got mine today (Los Angeles on ATT). Took an hour in the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf but, I guess it had to be done. The total download was just a hair over 417 mb. After it completed, I was missing a couple of icons and my favorite alarm program wouldn't work and I had to replace that. Other than that, there was nothing else noticeable.

livinginkaos

Reaction score
CDIH?..... Just be glad you don't have a Dev unit. Samsung royally screwed us.....

Sent from my Unlocked Moto G

livinginkaos

Reaction score
Our unlocked boot loader is tied to a custom kernel and if we lose it there's no replacing it.

Sent from my Unlocked Moto G

PhishyKris

Reaction score
VZW was first out of the gate with 4.3. I wonder if they are taking their time with this one. 4.3 has been a bit buggy.

bbtkd

Reaction score
VZW was first out of the gate with 4.3. I wonder if they are taking their time with this one. 4.3 has been a bit buggy.

Yeah, while anxious to get any new update for my S4 and Note 2014, you sure don't want an under-cooked release.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Betting they will wait till after the S5 launches. Can't have the S4 sporting the same version of OS as the new flagship product

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk