Upcoming phones and whos going where?

C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r

Reaction score
So ive been out of the loop since about september 2012 and i would like to get back in the loop. so basicly my question is, is where are developers going in terms of upcoming verizon phones and/or current phones. im elligible for an upgrade but im thinking of waiting for the new sony xperia Z and ZL but i also enjoy the fact of owning a galaxy s3 or s4 maybe even a note 2. So does anyone know or if developers themselves see this thread, Which of these phones would i have more choices in terms of roms and experience. the Sony Experia Z is at the top of my wanna buy list atm. i started with a droid 1 and when everything started splitting up i got the droid 3 since then ive had roms like cyanogen, Eclipse, and steel droid and was hoping if any of these or others were heading in any of these directions.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Cyanogen already said that his group will not be developing for the SG4 due to the fact that Samsung doesn't release all the necessary/proprietary information to make a decent custom rom. As far as the Sony Z it might not come to Verizon at launch may be at a later date. HTC one same issue. Phones that are coming out in the near future are the SG4, a Motorola follow up to the razr phone, Samsung note 3, and an HTC dna follow up.

As far as development it depends on the manufacturer if they release a developers model. HTC dna 2 for sure will have a rom community because most of the time HTC themselves release how to unlock the bootloader.

Last edited:
OP
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r

C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r

Reaction score
thank you for the reply i will definitly be looking around awhile before i make any decisions. As much as ide like to own every major phone just to mess with i cannot and will be stuck with a phone for the next year and a half. I was quite content with my Droid 3 until everyone kinda moved on at some point and since then ive just been running Eclipse. i do hope to get one thats a little more widely developed on without having to stick to the hardcore mainstream ones like the galaxy as nice as they are. any other opinions and facts are quite welcome so feel free everyone :)

Suny6

Reaction score
Cyanogen already said that his group will not be developing for the SG4 due to the fact that Samsung doesn't release all the necessary/proprietary information to make a decent custom rom. As far as the Sony Z it might not come to Verizon at launch may be at a later date. HTC one same issue. Phones that are coming out in the near future are the SG4, a Motorola follow up to the razr phone, Samsung note 3, and an HTC dna follow up.

As far as development it depends on the manufacturer if they release a developers model. HTC dna 2 for sure will have a rom community because most of the time HTC themselves release how to unlock the bootloader.

Didn't realize the SG4 will not materialize. Thank for sharing....

comk4ver

Reaction score
Cyanogen caved specially now with developer's edition coming out for both gsm and CDMA which is good news for us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2