Upcoming LG 4G Android Device [Rumor]

creaky

Reaction score
Let the battle between this and the Moto Olympus/Etna begin! HTC/VZW really pooched it with the DInc HD business. Who knows, maybe it will make a comeback after the new year. I am dying to upgrade but these phones look too amazing not to wait. I hope it's early in Q1 '11 that we'll see these monsters unleashed....

shdowman

Reaction score
New LG Star Pictures Turn Up, Isn’t Stock Android, Runs Froyo, Performs Well in Benchmarks & Has HDMI Port | Android Phone Fans

Not sure I am a huge fan of this device now? And is that a Belt Clip??? I thought that stripe was pretty stylish, but as a Belt Clip? And this is a Froyo / Touchwiz-type device??

Yup. As a forum poster over their said...I never thought anyone would want to try and rip off touchwiz. LG hasn't really come out with a compelling device, IMHO, since the Dare. This now adds a 4th manufacturer UI to the market. I, for one, am tired of it. I am shifting rank and suggesting Google ban any custom UI on Android. The only way to get the manufacturer "special" UI, is to download it from the market and install it yourself.

Enough of that though..

Not impressed at all. Let's see what Sammy and Moto bring to the party..as we already know HTC will be bringing day old bread.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I suppose I will have to look hard at the Moto Etna or the Samsung Galaxy S2? Or whatever that Fascinate continuation phone is?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Well, I was interested in this phone, but now that I know that it has a custom UI and not stock android I'm definitely passing it up. If I have to pick between this and the Etna I'll definitely take the Etna because the quality of Motorola is better IMO. Is this what we've come to? Everyone putting their garbage UIs on these phones.

creaky

Reaction score
I agree. This just took some of the wind out of my sails. The Etna seems to have the edge now. Just release the damn thing, VZW!!!!

Life in Java

Reaction score
This phone looks epic, I would get it for sure if 4G was more developed and outside of major cities

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sniper_5

Reaction score
This thread continues to go dead, and i haven't heard anything else about this phone. Anyone?

Sent from my DROID running UD2.5 @ 1Ghz

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon