Up-to-date recovery installation

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Soulja556, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Soulja556

Soulja556 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, I just got my DX last week and I'm loving it. I decided to step into the Root world for an even better experience. So I rooted my DX on 2.2 yesterday and got wifi tether going and changed my boot animation.

So that's all cool. But now I want to get into Roms and Themes and through reading, I see that I need some kind of recovery software first. The problem is that I can't find anything current on what files are needed and how to install SPRecovery or Clockwork. Everything I find seems to be from months ago or for a different model or software version before 2.2.

So I guess my overall question is how does this noobie get recovery software on his Droid X 2.2??? Any help provided would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Soulja556

Soulja556 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody???
  3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is still no real recovery console for DX. You can get a version of clockwork recovery that will interrupt your bootup to give you most of the same functionality, though. I believe this can be easily installed from ROM Manager (in the market, free version should work)