1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Up-to-date recovery installation

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Soulja556, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Soulja556

Soulja556 Banned

Hey guys, I just got my DX last week and I'm loving it. I decided to step into the Root world for an even better experience. So I rooted my DX on 2.2 yesterday and got wifi tether going and changed my boot animation.

So that's all cool. But now I want to get into Roms and Themes and through reading, I see that I need some kind of recovery software first. The problem is that I can't find anything current on what files are needed and how to install SPRecovery or Clockwork. Everything I find seems to be from months ago or for a different model or software version before 2.2.

So I guess my overall question is how does this noobie get recovery software on his Droid X 2.2??? Any help provided would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Soulja556

Soulja556 Banned

Anybody???
  3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

There is still no real recovery console for DX. You can get a version of clockwork recovery that will interrupt your bootup to give you most of the same functionality, though. I believe this can be easily installed from ROM Manager (in the market, free version should work)