Up and running new I2, questions?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by Little812, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Little812

Little812 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I charged it, activated it and now I am playing around with it. Loving it so far!

I have installed:

HANCENT SMS - want this app to become my primary messaging app, do I nedd to change any setting to make it the primary and olny sms app, and not get messages on the pre-installed msg app?

When I get email through my gmail account (only email account set up right now), it displays in both the gmail app and mail app. How do I fix this?

Other apps downloaded: GasBuddy, Barcode Scanner, USAA, Youtube, Skype mobile, Alarm.com, Dolphin Browser, Angry Birds, Facebook (do I need this with the pre-loaded Facebook Sence?).

What I would like to be able to do is clean up the bloat apps (as do alot of people), and find new themes. Any help?

Thanks guys, enjoying the hell out of this phone. More phone than I will ever use.

dancedroid

2. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You need to go into the stock sms app and disable all notifications. That should be it for sms.

For the Gmail issue? Did you configure your Gmail in the Gmail app and the Mail app? I've never had a problem with double notifications in the email apps.

You can remove the city ID app by going into the menu of the app. Don't recall the exact steps but it will give you the option somehow. The rest of the bloat can't be uninstalled. You can temp root and freeze them to get them out of sight or you can wait any day now for the full root method to be released.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1068544

#2 mountaineerndixie, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  3. Little812

Little812 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Done and thank you!

Both account have the gmail configured in them. Disable one? likely solution, huh.

4. Little812

Little812 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Duel facebook apps... is the facebook app pre-installed ok, can/should I deleat the downloaded app?

5. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Senior Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Ratings:
    +25
    Current Phone Model:
    S8
    I would delete the fb you downloaded. The one that comes on the phone is the same app. Now, I'm not talking about the friend stream widget, just the fb app. I use the friend stream for quick looks at what's going on. I use the full fb app for all of its features.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

6. Little812

Little812 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Done! Thank you, thought it might be a bit much but wanted to make sure.