Unwelcome NOTIFICATION ads!!!!

thumper300zx

Reaction score
A couple days ago, I was looking up a song (hoping to find MP3) on my Droid, and it did some sort of POPUP and appears to have installed something on my phone. I could be wrong -- maybe it's some other app doing it, but I now get notification ads. I believe some have had a '*' and other have had a '+' symbol next to them.

I went through and uninstalled any apps I don't remember ever installing, and removed one other app I more recently installed. I'm still getting them -- about one or two a day.

I tried AIRPUSH DETECTOR (nothing indicated) and ADDONS Detector (several apps shown, but nothing installed recently). I guess it could be an update to an existing program.

I read one should try to find out the links they are sending you to -- I clicked on one, but am frightened to click on more as it may do what something else already did. The link it brought me to is topusarewards.com -- one of those typical BS sites telling you to enter to win an Ipad.

I have a rooted droid bionic.

Any help appreciated.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Anything with air push could be sending it. Installed recently or not, an app can update to include those ads.

Get rid of anything with air push.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

OP
T

thumper300zx

Reaction score
Anything with air push could be sending it. Installed recently or not, an app can update to include those ads.

Get rid of anything with air push.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

I tried the airpush detector and got nothing. Where do I go from here?

vatothe0

Reaction score
I tried the airpush detector and got nothing. Where do I go from here?

Then whatever was shown in Addon detector should go. First suspects would be any sort of music download app, they seem to be the most often cause.