unwanted photos

pizza3

Reaction score
Somehow photos that were on my hard drive made it to my Gallery. I am unable to delete them. I have tried everything I think was available to delete them to no avail. I don't get the option to delete, just "details". Where exactly are they on my Droid and How do I delete them? Thank you.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried connecting to your PC, enabling USB mass storage mode and then deleting that way? (on your pc)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First I would suggest restarting the phone and going at it again. If that doesn't work you can go in to your favorite file viewer app and search for the pics based on their name and try deleting them there

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
P

pizza3

Reaction score
Deleting photos

I appreciate all the responses. If it was that easy I would have done it. I can't identify the photos by name or size or date. The closest I have been able to come is that they might be in /sdcard/android/data/com.cooliris.media. They are not identifiable there either by name, date, or size. What I need to know is where is the folder that Gallery stores its photos. It is not DCIM or IMAGES or DOC or MEDIA or any other folder as far as I have been through all of them, both attached via USB cord or using File Manager on the phone itself. Thank you again for your help.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They get stored in different places depending where they originated if I remember right.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Our A855 phone is very resourceful when it comes to photos located on the sdcard. For me, the gallery finds photos in DCIM (all sub-folders) and in /sdcard/downloads, /handsent/downloads, and sometimes various others. I don't have the total solution, but try the good old 'long press' and then see if you get the 'delete' option.

good luck