Unwanted ads suddenly showing up

RickCunn

Reaction score
I've had a Droid for about 3 months, and never noticed an ad. Suddenly I see a fair number of banners across the bottom. For example Advanced Task Killer has a banner across the bottom advertising Bing App for Mobile. The ad will change every time I use Task Killer. I must have agreed somewhere to allow them. Any ideas how to unallow them?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had a Droid for about 3 months, and never noticed an ad. Suddenly I see a fair number of banners across the bottom. For example Advanced Task Killer has a banner across the bottom advertising Bing App for Mobile. The ad will change every time I use Task Killer. I must have agreed somewhere to allow them. Any ideas how to unallow them?

Either pay for your apps or uninstall the ones that offend you.

ShowTime

Reaction score
A large number of the free apps out there are ad supported. If certain apps didn't have ads and now do, you probably downloaded an upgrade for them that included making them ad supported. No way to disallow ads for an app that is already ad supported on your phone. Either have to buy the full version of the app (if there is one... which generally speaking, won't be ad supported) or just deal with it/uninstall it.