Unverified rumor of fire hazard

colorfulbliss

Reaction score
This is totally an unconfirmed rumor at this point. A friend of mine who works at Radio Shack called me last night and said her manager was told to pull the Bionic from the shelves due to some risk of the phone catching fire while charging. I just wanted to see if anyone else has heard of this. So far I've had nothing more than minor bugs with my Bionic, battery life is great etc. I've never noticed my phone being any hotter than my og droid was, and this only when really pushing it with hotspot mode on.

As I said this is unconfirmed and could be about a different phone model or a misunderstanding. But I will say that I didn't leave it plugged last night when I went to sleep lol.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
There is another thread about the Shak discontinuing the Bionic. But it doesn't give a reason. Like you I would be more afraid of my OG catching fire. There was a time or two it was uncomfortable to hold

Reaction score
I was about to come post a thread about this but last night I woke up to my phone at 30% and too hot to touch. Battery widget showed the phone at 155 degrees. I unplugged and pulled the battery off. Took about 15mins to get it to cool down.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums