unset Messaging as default SMS app

khelek

Reaction score
Morning all,

So, I did something stupid trying to help a friend with a question. He had somehow inadvertently set Messaging as his default SMS client, when he really wanted GV. So, when he was here, I tried showing him that he could go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, find "Messaging", and clear the default from there. However, when I went (before setting mine as default), it wasn't there. So, I thought, if I set my default to Messaging, it'll appear. And, that's what I did.

Messaging still does not appear in the list of "Manage Applications", nor does it appear any other stock apps (Browser, Email, Gmail, etc). I need to clear this default. Does someone know what I"m missing?

Thanks.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you are in the applications list, hit Menu (soft touch button), then Filter, and set it to All.

OP
khelek

khelek

Reaction score
When you are in the applications list, hit Menu (soft touch button), then Filter, and set it to All.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the quick response!

I was so close -- I was looking at the filter, noticed that "downloads" was selected, but it didn't click that I should select "all" and it would be there :-/