1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

unset Messaging as default SMS app

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by khelek, Mar 8, 2010.

1. khelek

khelek New Member

Morning all,

So, I did something stupid trying to help a friend with a question. He had somehow inadvertently set Messaging as his default SMS client, when he really wanted GV. So, when he was here, I tried showing him that he could go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, find "Messaging", and clear the default from there. However, when I went (before setting mine as default), it wasn't there. So, I thought, if I set my default to Messaging, it'll appear. And, that's what I did.

Messaging still does not appear in the list of "Manage Applications", nor does it appear any other stock apps (Browser, Email, Gmail, etc). I need to clear this default. Does someone know what I"m missing?

Thanks.
  2. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Beta Team

When you are in the applications list, hit Menu (soft touch button), then Filter, and set it to All.
  3. khelek

khelek New Member

Awesome! Thanks so much for the quick response!

I was so close -- I was looking at the filter, noticed that "downloads" was selected, but it didn't click that I should select "all" and it would be there :-/
  4. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Beat me to it...good work! Lol

Glad you got it all sorted out!