Unrooting

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
Oh wait, nvm, if it causes force closes then ill uninstall and reinstall when rerooted

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
Okay thanks guys! When I reroot will it reinstall superuser?

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
Thanks!
I'd hate to have to unroot though. Its so much better than stock and its hard to go back lol

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Seems like all your questions have been answered, but I'll respond anyways since I have experience with this.

I've sent a Droid 1 and Droid 2 back in the last few months. The first time I unrooted manually, and I did a factory reset when I was done. The second time I unrooted using the z4root app, and then did a factory reset before sending it back. both times went fine and they never found out. I would personally always do a factory reset before sending your phone to verizon not just to eliminate any traces of being rooted, but for security purposes.

Good luck!

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
Yeah thank you, but what did you do with all your root apps?

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
They all get uninstalled with the factory reset. I think most (if not alll) of the root apps reinstalled themselves onto my new phone when I used the same gmail account to log in, so it's not a big deal.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've never had root apps get removed with an update. I had to unroot for the last one but none of my apps went away.

tappin and a talkin

bfolks

Reaction score
I have been receiving notification of an OTA update, but it keeps failing during the update. I think this is because I am rooted. Should I unroot, install the OTA update, then re-root?

I understand that there are now 1-click root apps available now. Anyone familiar with these?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have been receiving notification of an OTA update, but it keeps failing during the update. I think this is because I am rooted. Should I unroot, install the OTA update, then re-root?

I understand that there are now 1-click root apps available now. Anyone familiar with these?

First off, you have your phone number where your phone model should be. You should change that. Second yes you can unroot and try it again but you will have to restore any bloatware you removed. As for one click root, search for z4root.

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Whoa!!!!! DEF change that! As far as z4root goes, I can help with that if need be.

First off, you have your phone number where your phone model should be. You should change that. Second yes you can unroot and try it again but you will have to restore any bloatware you removed. As for one click root, search for z4root.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
If i had to unroot for an update or something, could I just leave the bootloader and superuser on and update, then reroot? would it cause any problems if i just left them there while unrooted for a bit?