unrooting to stock with rom manager?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Goatweed, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Goatweed

Goatweed New Member

Hi guys, I read the stickyed thread above the forum but it's still not making sense to me so I'm hoping for a little n00b help.

I have a rooted DX, I had gotten the 2.2 Froyo update before rooting, then I rooted and stupidly went and deleted a bunch of things like CityID, etc. I'm under the impression that I need all of those things in order to unroot and still be able to update to GB now that it's been released but I cant remember what I deleted and I changed the boot animation, etc.

Long story short, I want to be able to wipe my phone back to 2.2 factory to avoid all this fixing, then update to 2.3 GB official, and then root that and be off and running. Is this possible? If I wipe data and settings I can just import my contacts back via backup assistant, right? Any other apps I had Market I can download again as well, right?

Sorry to ask what's probably been asked a billion times.
  2. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Active Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Do a search for sbf for your phone. That should put you back to stock then check for updates in menu>about phone. I think its the top choice. Also, if you did a nandroid back up prior to rooting you can select that file through ROM manager and flash it. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. Globed

Globed New Member

Ok so first off Yess all your contents and anything on ur sdcard will be aable to back up and all ur downloaded apps u will have the option of reinstalling them after u wipe. If you don't wanna reinstall them on ur Droid there backed up on ur Google account.
    Now if u return it to ur backed up image fromrim manager ur still rooted. If you want to return it to complete factory stock. You'll need to the original stock 2.2 os for your android device and download it. Next you will need to rename it Pb31img.zip ( don't unzip the file) next. Copy it to the root of ur SD card. Now reboot ur phone in to hboot. Now it will scan for PB31IMG.zip then it will prompt u do u want to update you choose yes and ket it update. This will turn s back on and you will be at factory stock as if it came out of the box.

Hope that helps anymore questions?

Sent from Droid Incredible >8)
  4. Globed

Globed New Member

But again if you have a nandroid back up prior to rooting and u restore it....this does not turn the s-on

Sent from Droid Incredible >8)
Search tags for this page

returning to stock by deleting safestrap and su

rom manager download stock images

rom manager is not showing stock rom zip file

rom manager stock droid