Unrooting Questions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Andy85, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Andy85

Andy85 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My brother just gave me his Droid 1, but he rooted it to Bugless Beast V0.3 running a froyo build. I was able to activate the phone and add my number to it, but when I try to clear the data from the phone and sign into my google account, the phone restarts and then when it boots back up it is still under his google account, and won't allow me to wipe his data or sign out of his google account.

He thinks the problem is that the phone is rooted and unable to wipe the data. So I think I need to unroot.

Question is, how do I unroot? I'm thinking "easy root" might be the best way to go. After unrooting, I should be sent back to android 2.1 right? After that I should check the settings/about phone/check for updates and then be able to get the official 2.2.

I'm assuming I need to unroot to be able to sign out of his google account and into mine. Has anyone else had these issues and have answers?

Thanks.

Andy

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Andy! :welcome: to the forum! Are you saying you booted into recovery (power off phone, hold down the X on the keyboard then hold the power button down until the M logo appears). We'll need to know what recovery you have (sprecovery or clockwork) before we can help you.

3. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you booted into recovery and completely wiped data/factory reset then you would be required to sign in when the phone rebooted. There isn't any need to unroot the phone.