Unrooting HTC One M8

AndyRoss18

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm still new to the whole rooting and flashing side of Android and even newer to these forums, I recently bought a HTC M8 and flashed Google Play Edition ROM to it which worked flawlessly. Looking for a more HTC stock way of life I flashed the Android Revolution 3.0 ROM and then found I could not use a few apps due to my phone being rooted so I'm looking to completely unroot my phone and go back to factory settings and start fresh, however I have no idea how and I unfortunately do not have a stock backup on hand through TWRP.

How do I go about doing this? I have SuperSU installed but when I click "Fully Unroot" and reboot my phone is still rooted and I'm still unable to use the few apps I need. I would very appreciative of any help you guys could offer!

Thank you very much for your time.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what apps cant you use? reason i ask is bc you can hide your root status from some apps (like verizon apps that check for root before they work) and is much simpler than unrooting for a few apps

Last edited:
OP
A

AndyRoss18

Reaction score
It's my banking app that I can't access, I love in the UK and use Barclays for all my banking needs and they block use of their app on rooted handsets. I've tried various workarounds like "Hide my root" "Cloak my root" and using the Xposed Installer but to no avail.

If there's another way I'm not thinking of, I'd really appreciate any input you have though :)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no i was gonna suggest an xposed module. did you try uninstalling Barclays, activating the module, installing Barclays (not opening though), using Xposed module to hide root, then opening barclays? Once an app like that finds root it probably just stores that and doesn't check again.