Unrooting Help Please!!!!!

jzmax22

Reaction score
ok so i had a Inc. w/ Stock 2.2 , rooted using unrevoked3, everything went great.

Needed to return back to stock .

I downgraded w/ PB31IMG.zip back 2.1-update and turned S-on, then i went to manually update to 2.2 and when get into recovery it says:

"e:can't open /cache/recovery/command" at first and then gives me the recovery menu with this underneath. i go to apply update and it starts then says a bunch of jibba jabba and says installation aborted. i am using stock recovery.

radio v. 1.00.03.04.06

any help would be awesome

enyalius

Reaction score
Are you certain that you are running the stock boot loader? I have only experienced this issue before when I ran a non-stock boot loader.

The easiest way to tell is, after entering the boot manager with PWR+X, you are forced to perform the super secret "volume up + camera button" combo until the boot loader unlocks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
jzmax22

jzmax22

Reaction score
I belive you are talking about the Moto Droid 1, im talking about the HTC Incredible, thanks though

enyalius

Reaction score
My apologies; I am still getting used to tapatap and did not realize what board I was under. Best of luck!

OP
jzmax22

jzmax22

Reaction score
just let anyone knows, i figured it out . thanks again.

enyalius

Reaction score
Can you please post your solution so others might benefit from your work in the future?

OP
jzmax22

jzmax22

Reaction score
to root is very, very easy.
download: http://nyus.joshuawise.com/~mmastrac/testing/
( remember this is experimental so please proceed at your own caution)
then follow this guide.
[ROOT] unrEVOked 3.2: one-click root for Froyo, no downgrading - xda-developers

rooted my incredible in 2 minutes.

unroot was kinda easy, just takes patience.
1. go to here. follow these instructions, dont worry about S-off if you followed the method above to root it will s-off for you. after this you are unrooted, proceed on if you would like it be out of the box like new w/ 2.2

2. turn s-on, this part was pain, again go here and follow their instructions.

3. After you get s-on go here and download PB31IMG.zip( i know its the same name as before , just overwrite) place it on your SD card and boot to hboot and follow on screen instruction.

I apologize now for my terrible guide, but this is how it worked in my head, please let me know if you need any further assistance.

tktouch12

Reaction score
thanks for explaining how to do it.
and, under your phone type in your profile you should change it to incredible because it still says moto droid