unrooting d1 with sbf recovery..issues with sd card..help lol

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by cfhmetal, Sep 13, 2011.

1. cfhmetal

cfhmetal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi....so im tryin to unroot my d1. I have sbf recovery...and when i go into it to install the update.zip file...it keeps sayin cant mount sd card...same thing happened when i tried to install a new rom before...so i transfered all my pix, music and stuff to my computer...formated the sd card..put the stuff back on....sd card works fine...still says cant mount sd card when i try useing sbf recovery. Oh and i also tried using the computer to unroot using rsd lite, and i cant get my phone to show up on it..which is weird cause i used it to root my phone n it worked just fine..so yea...if anyone has any ideas or solutions...it would b a big help. Thanx :)

2. dasanman69

dasanman69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you running a kernel on your phone? Are u running a antivirus on your PC? If yes to either or both that might be your problem.

3. cfhmetal

cfhmetal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well i dnt remember if im running a kernel...i dnt think so but its been awhile..how do i check that? As for antivirus...i didnt have issues with that when i rooted it...but ill try turning it off n see if my phone shows up.

4. dasanman69

dasanman69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you running a custom ROM? You can check in settings/about phone

5. cfhmetal

cfhmetal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yea....im runnin ud 1.0 ...the kernel is like a 2.2.34.1 slayher sumthing...what can i do about that? Hate to sound dumb...just havint done much besides root...try a few diff roms..and install sumthin b-boy made for me(if u know who that is lol)

6. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Are you still plugged into the PC while trying to do something in recovery? If so, the PC has control of the SDcard.

7. dasanman69

dasanman69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go back to stock using ROM manager or reflash UD and the kernel it comes with should work. Do u have any backups you can revert to?

8. cfhmetal

cfhmetal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To guidot....nope...but im glad that wasnt it cause then id feel pretty dumb lol...anyways...yea ill try reflashin ud...then use rom to go stock if it dnt work...n if those fail...then ill use the back up..n go from there...ill post when im done...thank u for ur help..hopefully it worx

9. dasanman69

dasanman69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You might wanna also try flashing clockworkmod recovery to see if that helps.

10. cfhmetal

cfhmetal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well i tried flashin clockwork cause it seemed like the easiest...n it worked...unrooted back to stock now...thank u for all ur help dasanman...it was drivin me crazy last nite tryin to figure it out lol

11. dasanman69

dasanman69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're welcome, I've gotten plenty of help from here so I try to help others as much as I can.

Search tags for this page

sbf from sd card droid x