Unrooting - But I forgot what method I used to Root

Pyuria

Reaction score
So I am pretty novice when it comes to my Droid. I rooted my Razr and bookmarked the method. I didn't flash any ROMs on this device or anything but as I await the JB update I assume I'll need to be on stock before I can run the update.

I erased the bookmarks and now I don't know which method I used to Root my phone. Any ideas on who to go back to stock when the update arrives?

Or, does anyone have a different solution that I am just missing. Thanks in advance.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-You can be rooted and still get the update.

-If you installed a custom ROM you need to flash the original ROM you started with to get the update.

-The JB update will install while you're rooted but you won't keep root.

-You can use root keeper to keep root after the install.

mkayers

Reaction score
-You can be rooted and still get the update.

-If you installed a custom ROM you need to flash the original ROM you started with to get the update.

-The JB update will install while you're rooted but you won't keep root.

-You can use root keeper to keep root after the install.

Ok I'm lost. I flashed the jb Christmas leak, then rooted & using safestrap flashed a custom rom. Can I just switch to the safe side & still get the update or do I have to unroot or what?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok I'm lost. I flashed the jb Christmas leak, then rooted & using safestrap flashed a custom rom. Can I just switch to the safe side & still get the update or do I have to unroot or what?
Ok gents, here is the deal. Unlike past OTA updates, this update is probably going to be different in that they have to update two different system versions (the Christmas JB unintentional leak and the official .211 system version). We're not quite sure how they are going to do that...but I'm sure they have a plan. In order for the update to go smooth, without pain and suffering, I recommend this: Flash back to the stock ROM, be it the Christmas JB or the stock ICS .211. Unroot your phone, get rid of SafeStrap (if you have it installed), unfreeze any apps that you may have frozen, replace any system apps that you may have deleted and play it safe. I don't recommend using OTA RootKeeper with this update. OTA RootKeeper might work on the .211 ICS update but who knows about the Christmas JB since that was a total error on the part of Motorola. If you are on the leaked .215 you need to restore back to .211. This update will not work on .215 most likely. Use MattG's RazrUtility to restore back to .211. No matter what you're running now (ICS or leaked JB) there will be a root for the official JB soon enough...in fact...the root process for the Christmas JB will probably root the OTA JB anyway.

newbroot83

Reaction score
Are you using supersu? If i remember correctly, once you put all your system apps back and unfreeze frozen apps, and uninstall safestrap, you should be able to go into supersu in the settings, scroll all the way to the bottom and click complete unroot. Voila you should be unrooted.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX