unrooting and getting rid of liberty

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Gagemeister894, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Gagemeister894

Gagemeister894 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am needing to take my phone to verizon to fix some technical issues with my phone not receiving phone calls and all. I unrooted the phone, but the liberty interface is still on the phone, and so i rerooted and reinstalled liberty until i can find out how to actually hot to go back to basic droid interface for verizon technicians. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    you were advised to make a backup in clockwork before flashing liberty. if you did so then you can restore that backup to get back to stock. if you didn't do a backup then you will have to sbf.

3. Gagemeister894

Gagemeister894 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And what if I can't find the backup file I had on my phone when i rooted...i recently transfered all my data to a new sd card. I think it may have gotten lost in the process :(

4. spaz33g

Ratings:
    +0
    well it should be in the clockworkmod folder and will be quite a large file. it will also have a string of numbers (representing the date and time of the backup) as it's name. like i said if you cant find it then you'll have to sbf it to get back to stock.

5. Gagemeister894

Gagemeister894 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just so I'm clear on the rsd lite program...once the program says finished I can unplug my phone? Or do i need to restart the phone first, or restart the computer, or restart both? I'm a bit confused on the situation

6. shizumie

shizumie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had to do the same thing. Except i had my orig backup. However with liberty flashing back to my stock backup would never get rid of all liberty stuff, ie bootloader icon. I read that you could just change boot icon in libertybsettings back to m and then flash stock, but in the end i was scared liberty would leave something on there vrz would see, so i just sbf anyway. I think if your taking the phone back to them better to be safe than sorry.

On a side note i madea backup of old phone right before sbf and applied that backup to replacement phone, worked like a charm no hiccups. (I only say because when i asked if this wad possible it was hard to lock down a deff answere.)
    Best of luck.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

7. spaz33g

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never actually had to sbf my own phone but if I understand correctly, you will reboot the phone. also it may not boot up and if that is the case, jus go in to stock recovery and do a factory reset.

8. Gagemeister894

Gagemeister894 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol Thats what I ended up doing! I did the RSD Lite thing and got it completed, but when i restarted the phone it kept trying to do the liberty boot up. So i restarted into the root menu of the phone by holding the home key and power button, and i did a cache wipe and factory reset. Now it is working a whole lot better. Now tonight i'll just have to see how it acts, and determine if it was all the tweaking i did with the phone to mess it up or if it was liberty, or yet again verizons BS of "UPDATING THEIR TOWERS TO 4G" excuse as to why service has been in the crapper lately