1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Unrooted to OTA update

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by m-dilDroid, Aug 18, 2010.

1. m-dilDroid

m-dilDroid New Member

I woke up today with the notification that I can update my system.
    I hit OK
    Soon learned that I could not do that, I first had to unroot my phone. I went back to system restore, back to 2.1 and I still have super user permissions. I'm trying to re-root my phone and get rid of it, then unroot and OTA update my Droid.
    After a few minutes of un-rooting and system restoring, I could install the update. I was given an error, though. Now I'm in 2.1 in the phone status but it tells me my phone is currently up to date. I'm un-rooted with the super user program still.
  2. xliderider

xliderider New Member

If you flash your phone with RSD Lite and the 2.01 .sbf file you will not have super user permissions. Then do the forced update to 2.1 and then you should get the OTA update notification again.
  3. m-dilDroid

m-dilDroid New Member

yeah I got it all, thanks. when I tried to get into the Battery OK MEM ok transfer USB screen, I'd get nothing. ever. gg portrait / landscape.

and a few times I flashed? my **** and I could only actiavte my phone then all the android processes kept closing and force closed n **** so i reflashed it but it's alllllllllllll good

2.2 is smooth as fock
    it was nice in the root but not as smooth