Unrooted section

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok here's the deal folks.. looks like we won't be opening a new section in Hacks for unrooted users. it wood be too much trouble to keep the rooted content out of it, and its not really a hack if you aren't rooted. apk files and non market apps aren't hacks, so that's why we aren't making any changes for now...

BUT... give me like ten minutes and I'll have a few new threads started (so we don't have a dozen of the same thread) and I'll post links to them here. it'll be some places to separate the unrooted content.

ten min...

Last edited:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

GerryG35

Reaction score
Suggestion

I know I'm late to the party but I've often wished, after opening a post with an intriguing title, that the title had a token like "RR" for "requires root." This could be a suggestion not a fast rule and that way it does not require any admin changes and only requires a little effort. If a poster forgets to add the token, it's no big deal.

rawburt

Reaction score

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know I'm late to the party but I've often wished, after opening a post with an intriguing title, that the title had a token like "RR" for "requires root." This could be a suggestion not a fast rule and that way it does not require any admin changes and only requires a little effort. If a poster forgets to add the token, it's no big deal.

Gerry, that is a great idea actually.. i'll see if we can make an announcement. thanks!

GerryG35

Reaction score

Gerry, that is a great idea actually.. i'll see if we can make an announcement. thanks!
That would be great. I think posters will cooperate and readers will catch on pretty fast. Thanks.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i posted that in the mod section, we'll see what happens.. ;)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i posted it on the new customization for non rooted people Ima post it here just in case no one has went there yet

I got it ima take pics of the theme I made YOU DONT have to be rooted.

I have just put the theme on there and i winged it. THis is a good tool for rooted and unrroted people.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
here is step by step.
the video tutorial to make the the theme just covers making the theme not how to install.
Before you start install the following from the market ( Astro file manager, 91 pandahome) . Also make sure you create an account at the panda home 91 screen similar to what is shown in the video).

1) follow this video:
YouTube - MotoDroidHelpandInfo's Channel

1(a) this is the site he is referring to i just linked it
pandahome - Project Hosting on Google Code

2) after you have created your theme download it.
3) create a folder and name it pandahome theme
4) put the theme that was downloaded into the pandahome theme folder.
5) mount your phone to the computer
6) move the folder to your sd card (I just right clicked and said move to the drive my phone was assigned to)
7) unmount
8)go in to astro file manager and find your panda home theme folder
9) open and install
10) apply theme

I just did it I have no prob helping and if some one has a better way feel free to add to this discussion.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks like they set aside some threads for unrooted droids. I'm still looking for tweaks and apks that may work for unrooted droids. The pandahome I have to be honest and give it a C grade because it does allow for theme but u mearch for some cooler icons and save on your desktop and I do not know how buggy it is.

OP
I

itsdestiny

Reaction score
We were hoping for a section in the forum for non rooted users not seperate scattered threads