Unrooted now phone just fails activation HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibnetman

Reaction score
I was running UD8.1.1, wanted to unroot for the update coming out today. installed dm updater and flashed 2.0.1 non root. now my phone will not activate or update roaming towers.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was running UD8.1.1, wanted to unroot for the update coming out today. installed dm updater and flashed 2.0.1 non root. now my phone will not activate or update roaming towers.

ooops....do an sbf restore.

OP
ibnetman

ibnetman

Reaction score
Thanks Guys! im out of town, stoped at a McDonalds for free wifi.. SLOWW! but im downloading the files now! Wish me luck!

OP
ibnetman

ibnetman

Reaction score
alright, used RSDlite, flashed it at least 15-20 times, eventually when i put the battery in it told me the phone was corrupt. i got home and used my server/win7 instead of the laptop/vista re downloaded everything needed to flash the 2.0.1 sbf file and got it to come up to welcome to droid. says i need to activate my phone but when i try to activate it plays the music and then says it was unable to activate. back to square one! GRRR any other ideas?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
alright, used RSDlite, flashed it at least 15-20 times, eventually when i put the battery in it told me the phone was corrupt. i got home and used my server/win7 instead of the laptop/vista re downloaded everything needed to flash the 2.0.1 sbf file and got it to come up to welcome to droid. says i need to activate my phone but when i try to activate it plays the music and then says it was unable to activate. back to square one! GRRR any other ideas?

If you followed the steps in the 3rd link in my signature and it still wont let you activate what happens if you do a factory reset at the bootloader screen?

OP
ibnetman

ibnetman

Reaction score
i just found the get back to stock help thread, i posted all details there. but to answer your question. same thing. cant program, please call customer service... if you guys want to delete this thread go for it...

movadoevo8

Reaction score
i just found the get back to stock help thread, i posted all details there. but to answer your question. same thing. cant program, please call customer service... if you guys want to delete this thread go for it...

That actually happened to me too when the last update was suppose to come out i tried to unroot from a 2.1 rom and it was getting stuck on the activation part. I believe it would try to dial out to let me activate it and would fail. After just attempting multiple times eventually it worked...... I believe i repeated the activation step at least 10 times. Hope this helps.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

post a link to that thread and I will close this one.

At this point you can call verizon, honestly say you had problems, tried the factory reset and now can not get the phone to activate. They probably will swap you a new one at now charge.

edit:
conversation continues herem closing thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/33541-get-back-stock-help-thread-2-1-ota.html

Status
Not open for further replies.