Unrooted and trying to re-install bloatware applications/ Motorola Warranty

nathanlauff

Reaction score
I recently rooted my D2G and then decided that I did not want it to be rooted anymore once Gingerbread came out for the D2G, so I unrooted my phone and performed a factory reset, although my phone will not install the new Gingerbread update. When my phone was rooted I uninstalled some of the bloatware apps and did not back them up. From what I read online I need all the stock apks in order to recieve the OTA update. I now want to have my phone back to completely stock out of the box. I am wondering 2 things:

1. Is there any way that I can re-install the bloatware apps now that I am not rooted? Although I would root again if that would allow me to re-install these apps.

2. Is my warranty still active with Motorola? My phone has a problem staying on the charger. I am not sure if I am still under warranty because I do not have all the stock apps, but my phone is not rooted and I am running the stock 2.2 Froyo.

Any help to either/both of these questions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

event121

Reaction score
I recently rooted my D2G and then decided that I did not want it to be rooted anymore once Gingerbread came out for the D2G, so I unrooted my phone and performed a factory reset, although my phone will not install the new Gingerbread update. When my phone was rooted I uninstalled some of the bloatware apps and did not back them up. From what I read online I need all the stock apks in order to recieve the OTA update. I now want to have my phone back to completely stock out of the box. I am wondering 2 things:

1. Is there any way that I can re-install the bloatware apps now that I am not rooted? Although I would root again if that would allow me to re-install these apps.

2. Is my warranty still active with Motorola? My phone has a problem staying on the charger. I am not sure if I am still under warranty because I do not have all the stock apps, but my phone is not rooted and I am running the stock 2.2 Froyo.

Any help to either/both of these questions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

1. SBF (if available for D2G, not sure since I have D2 and haven't looked at D2G stuff much).

2. No. Read the user manual (vzw.com/support to download a copy). If you have modified the s/w, you void the warranty. HOWEVER, that's not to say that it wouldn't get replaced if you pull the wool over VZW/Moto's eyes - you just might get charged when you send yours in. It's a moral issue mostly - if you get caught, you have been forewarned. /shrug