Unrooted and needing help removing ClockworkMod Recovery.

Hostility6

Reaction score
I've rooted then unrooted with super one click but still had superuser icon so I just dropped into trash. All was good then so I decided to uninstall/delete everything associated with root including going into astro and deleting (hope this isn't the downfall) clockwork folder holding backup
confused.png
... Now 1st time shutting down after doing all this last night then booting up this morning I'm still getting the clockworkmod recovery green screen to reboot system now. Only thing I can see left is in phone settings>applications>mng apps>all tab> is Terminal Emulator. So of course my ? is how the hell do I get rid of this?? Someone recommended reroot then delete logwrapper.bin to logwrapper. I really don't want to SBF flash so any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Running OTA 2.2

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not exactly positive. When I rooted and unrooted my phone (previous to the 2.2 OTA) I stayed rooted and went through Root Explorer getting rid of any SU files/apk before I did the one click unroot. But that was me.

I'm guessing a regular uninstall program is not allowing you to uninstall Bootstrap Recovery or TE?

And as far as logwrapper goes I am of no help there. I'm still tippy toeing into the wonderful core of the DX:)

honda450r14

Reaction score
I've rooted then unrooted with super one click but still had superuser icon so I just dropped into trash. All was good then so I decided to uninstall/delete everything associated with root including going into astro and deleting (hope this isn't the downfall) clockwork folder holding backup
confused.png
... Now 1st time shutting down after doing all this last night then booting up this morning I'm still getting the clockworkmod recovery green screen to reboot system now. Only thing I can see left is in phone settings>applications>mng apps>all tab> is Terminal Emulator. So of course my ? is how the hell do I get rid of this?? Someone recommended reroot then delete logwrapper.bin to logwrapper. I really don't want to SBF flash so any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Running OTA 2.2[/QUOTE
first reroot get root explorer in market. then uninstall the bootstrap app then in root explorer go to system/bin tap r/w in top right corner delete the file called hijack, delete logwrapper an rename the logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper reboot it should be gone.

OP
Hostility6

Hostility6

Reaction score
Running OTA 2.2[/QUOTE
first reroot get root explorer in market. then uninstall the bootstrap app then in root explorer go to system/bin tap r/w in top right corner delete the file called hijack, delete logwrapper an rename the logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper reboot it should be gone.[/QUOTE]

I have Astro can I use this? If so I don't see logwrapper.bin just see logwrapper 2X and cannot rename either one.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have Astro can I use this? If so I don't see logwrapper.bin just see logwrapper 2X and cannot rename either one.[/QUOTE]

Can't answer that. I know Astro is good for moving and installing zips downloaded from direct links. But I don't know if it gives you the access to the apk's and files that are on the Root of your system.

All I do know is if your wanting to get rid of app apk's, Root Explorer is the app to use. Been using it since day one of rooting my phone.

OP
Hostility6

Hostility6

Reaction score
Downloaded root explorer, deleted and renamed, rebooted and mod is gone!
Thanks for your help now I can sleep better tonight LOL!

Reaction score
Running OTA 2.2[/QUOTE
first reroot get root explorer in market. then uninstall the bootstrap app then in root explorer go to system/bin tap r/w in top right corner delete the file called hijack, delete logwrapper an rename the logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper reboot it should be gone.

Thank you Hostility6 for your information. I was having an awful time getting rid of Clockworkmod Recovery. Using your advice I was able to Unroot, get rid of clockworkmod and get back to stock. this was on a 2.3.2 updated Droid2. Dave

donballz

Reaction score
Running OTA 2.2[/QUOTE

Thank you Hostility6 for your information. I was having an awful time getting rid of Clockworkmod Recovery. Using your advice I was able to Unroot, get rid of clockworkmod and get back to stock. this was on a 2.3.2 updated Droid2. Dave
wrong_way_sign.jpg