Unroot/Unbrick using .sbf post from -ikithme-

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Sam, Apr 14, 2010.

1. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    #1400! dancedroid

Help yourself, that's what they're there for. I've been collecting them since before the A855 was actually released, and it's good because of all the stuff and sites that have already left the scene. . . In fact I have one of the most up to date .sbf files hanging out int there as well, IMHO kind of makes the fact that this thread is still a 'sticky' silly to me . . .

2. javiair33

javiair33 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does this also work for the Droid 2?

3. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    :welcome: to the forums

Answer: NO!

4. oooitzalex

oooitzalex New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible for this reflash to work if your whole phone is completely wiped? I mean the boot loader 30.04 comes up but when i try to flash it says FAIL. lol. Doesn't work. If it's not the file that's corrupted then what else could it be? Everything worked up until I hit "start" then it just failed. I got all the right drivers and everything.

5. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    What you are trying to do is use .sbf files made for the Droid 1/A855 phone on your Droid X phone. Epic fail, will never, ever work. So that is what else it could be and no you do not have all the right everything.

I see you've posted in the Droid X section.

good luck

6. oooitzalex

oooitzalex New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually do have "the right everything." I got the right sbf file the second time since my friend had the same problem with the same phone. I ended up going to verizon and said i did told them i bricked my phone and i told them all the trouble shooting i did and they didn't even bother trying to fix it because i did everything that they would have tried. So they just gave me a brand new droid x since I showed them a few tricks and helped one of their customers with their droid x. Trust me, I tried EVERYTHING. so **** off.

7. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I was only trying to help, jeez! I assumed since you posted this question in a thread that contained .sbf file for the Droid 1, that you were using said files from this thread on your Droid X. And I'm inclined to belive that your end result/solution almost proves it. I'll leave it at that.

Glad you got a replacement, thanks.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  8. wbdelp

wbdelp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My original problem was that my droid wouldn't even make it to the motorola screen when turned on. The backlight came on and the screen stayed blank. Before taking it to verizon I wanted to erase all evidence of root. I ran RSD lite with no problems and got to the "please manually reboot this phone." I can't. The phone still will not boot. Knowing that the flash was successful at least makes me feel better about there being any evidence of root but I'm not 100% sure what to do at this point.

9. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    If you got that message in RSD Lite, your phone should be fine, insomuch as there will be no trace of root on it. It's possible that the battery is dead, if you want to try, charge it with the OEM wall charger.

good luck

10. bosshoss_16

bosshoss_16 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  11. wbdelp

wbdelp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I took it to verizon and they sent me a replacement so i'll be sending my "hopefully unrooted" phone back to the manufacturer and crossing my fingers that it goes through without any notice.

Has anyone actually been charged before for sending back a bricked phone?

12. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Not individually, we are ALL charged for these 'bricked' Motorola phones in the form of locked bootloaders.

13. lonnie.e.king

lonnie.e.king New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

I did this method, worked awesome. i thought my droid was gone forever. i couldnt find a stock rom to load nor did my ignorant self use the handy dandy backup feature.. OMG im so stupid i wont be making that mistake again.

so i again thank you thank you thankyou!!!!!!!!!!! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

14. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Maybe mine's toast

This all started when I was trying to restore a nandroid via RZR and the screen just went blank. After trying all I could think I just loaded up RSDlite and the 2.01 sbf file and reflashed it like I have done before and it looked successful.

Although RSDlite read as a PASS and all looked good, now the phone will start to boot up, stay on the "M" for a normal amount of time and then reboot and continue this cycle. I've tried several different sbf files and even SPR, CW and RZR sbf files but the phone will not give me a recovery menu, just a "backlit" blank screen.

I have very little battery power left to try this (Im on my 3rd battery) but I cannot find a situation just like mine. It's like the OS is on the phone but it can't get past the bootanim to open up.

NOTE: As I think back, I was running LGB 1.7 when this happened and I always disable the bootanim in the Liquid settings. Can't help think that may have something to do with this although shouldn't the sbf wipe everything clean? Maybe it is unrecoverable!

Any help would be appreciated.

15. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Well, the fact that you had boot animation disabled has nothing to do with it as a full .sbf file like the one listed here will overwrite just about EVERYTHING. The problem with this thread is that it should have been un-stickied a long long long long long long long time ago as the .sbf files it contains are so outdated that they no longer work properly as you have found out. I believe what's hanging you up is the change in the bootloader version from Éclair to Froyo.

Fortunately there might be hope for you since you did get a pass. Look to my 'file' link in my sig below and find the filed named
    "VZW_A855_FRG83D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.zip", download it, then extract the .sbf file it contains and try that one.

good luck

Search tags for this page
download vzw a855 esd20 qsc6085bp c 01.3b.01p sw update.sbf
error switching phone to bp pass through mode
generic failure when sending command.
getphoneid failed: error
how to unbrick droid x2
unbrick android 2.2.3
unbrick droid a855
unbrick droid incredible 2

unbrick droid x2

vzw a855 esd20 qsc6085bp c 01.3b.01p sw update.sbf