Unroot/Unbrick using .sbf post from -ikithme-

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Sam, Apr 14, 2010.

1. bucket8577

bucket8577 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Won't update

Hi. I applied VZW_A855_ESD20_QSC6085BP_C_01.3B.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf successfully to unroot my phone. I attempted to update manually, but no success. It says "Android Update Requires a restart 77.0 MB" I click on Download, but it takes only a couple of seconds, then goes back to the above screen apparantly without downloading anything. I power the phone off, then back on. No update occurs.

Please help.

Thanks,

Buck

2. egarcia

egarcia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much worked out great!!!

3. zpocbob

zpocbob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have followed the procedure here several times. I can flash recovery, install roms, but it goes back to bootloader every time i is turned on.

Error when using RS Lite "Error switching phone to BP" Failed

Tried Flashing
    FRG22D.sbf
    moto-droid2.01stock.sbf
    VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03. sbf
    SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf

HELP! This phone is not under warranty, or insurance.

4. zorazz

zorazz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having the same problems as zpocbob. Ive used rsdlite before to root my other droid successfully so i dont know what is going wrong this time. I have a refurb i am trying to take to completely stock but it always fails on BP passthrough mode. any hints or suggestions?

UPDATE: I was able to get SPRecovery flashed and through it i mounted the SD card and put on a baseband upgrade and an entire rom. The ROM installed fine (UD) but when rebooted it went straight back to bootloader screen. I tried upgrading the baseband too, but it would error out on me every time.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  5. MolonLabe

MolonLabe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wanted to start fresh as I got very confused trying to go from a rooted 2.0.1 setup to a rooted 2.2 setup. I tried a bunch of different things and none of them really worked quite right. I feel like I "made a mess" with a bunch of unnecessary files and junk. So, anyway, I thought I'd use the method in this post, update to 2.2 and THEN root the phone. I just got done trying it and it looked okay, at first. I reactivated the phone successfully and the phone info says I'm running 2.0.1, build ESD56, kernel 2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7e0bandroidbuild@apa26 #511, baseband version c_01.3E.01P. However, I did get an error in RSD Lite v4.6 at the end of the flashing process. It reads:

"Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API Error: 0xE0030009 Address: 0x152000 Command: ADDR (0xE0231009); phone connected"

I wanted to know if anyone knew what this means or if it's something to worry about.

I also realized that when I reboot in recovery mode, holding down the Vol+ and Camera buttons at the same time does not result in the new menu popping up. (Yes, I've tried multiple times and know that you have to get it just right). Any thoughts on why this might be and if there are any possible fixes?

Thanks, guys!

6. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    @ MolonLabe: Nice user name, I like.

Sometimes when we go the long way around the barn it can become a "mess". However, you say your phone shows (I trust in [menu -> settings -> about phone] while booted normally):

so that means that your phone is back to the original 2.0.1/ESD56; again I assume that the phone will boot normally, as you haven't said otherwise. And if this 'assumed' condition is correct, then the error messages you saw in RSD Lite shouldn't be an issue.

However, I (and you) have one little wonder. Why after you boot into recovery, can't you access the menu? One, press the volume up button first, then tap the camera button.

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll go from there.

good luck

7. Crhonos

Crhonos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would my phone have a hardware problem if the screen is still unresponsive after a flash?
    Ive reflashed many times with different sbf files (including the one on the 1st page) and only once did my phone work. After a few days it froze up on me again, and reflashing the sbf doesnt work.

It took about 6 trys using rsd lite and the phone finally decided it wanted to work. hmm any ideas??

8. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Current Phone Model:
    Wow, talk about reading! Been a member since november last and this is your first post.

Yes, if you are having problems with your screen I would trade it in. And soon, if you've had it since release day.

good luck

9. Crhonos

Crhonos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hahaha yah.. im a lurker.
    but it was out of warranty and they wouldnt do anything, but surprisingly they decided to swap me a refurb about an hour ago anyway.s so lucky me

10. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Current Phone Model:
    I'd rather be a lurker than a post whore (no offence corina), lol. I believe in quality over quantity.

BTW, though unless you have a different circumstance the A855 comes with a one year manufacturer warranty. So your phone should have still been under warranty since one year isn't up until saturday.

11. muttmouse

muttmouse New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Variant

i've tried a similar process with odin andit failed completely. I need to flash stock onto a galaxy s fascinate. I rooted it and it wasn't as efficient for whatever reason and I wiped and did a factory reset, thus leaving it unusable but I don't think it's entirely bricked. any suggestions on how to salvage it>?

12. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Current Phone Model:
  13. jcbeck

jcbeck New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    can't get passed activate screen

I've run RSD light to install the 2.0.1 VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03. sbf. It says Executed: 100%; Result: FAIL, but the phone successfully reboots. I'm taken to the inital, "Welcome to Droid, touch the android to begin" screen. It takes me to the "Activate your phone" screen, but when I go through the process of Activating my phone, it takes me right back to the 'Welcome to Droid" screen and never activates. If anyone could help me get passed this please suggest what I can do...

14. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Current Phone Model:
  15. josejuan_602

josejuan_602 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    in order to have rdlite read my phone does it need to be on recovery mode or how cuz i have the motorola droid x!! how do i make rsdlite sees my phone??

Search tags for this page
download vzw a855 esd20 qsc6085bp c 01.3b.01p sw update.sbf
error switching phone to bp pass through mode
generic failure when sending command.
getphoneid failed: error
how to unbrick droid x2
unbrick android 2.2.3
unbrick droid a855
unbrick droid incredible 2

unbrick droid x2

vzw a855 esd20 qsc6085bp c 01.3b.01p sw update.sbf