Unroot/Unbrick using .sbf post from -ikithme-

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Sam, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Dukefrukem

Dukefrukem Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do you do that?
  2. steveyos

steveyos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. kent747

kent747 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Two things - when I first tried this, it said "fail" every time, now my phone says battery too low to boot. If I just plug it in and the white light comes on, does that mean it's charging?​
  4. jmjbear

jmjbear New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the best and most useful post that I have ever came across. One thing that I have experienced, is that if you don't have the USB drivers installed correctly to 2.0, it will fail when it tries to "Phone[0000]: Waiting for re-enumeration". Then it gets a 0x703e error message. After updating my laptop drivers to make it 2.0 - worked like a charm.
  5. Ataranine

Ataranine Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed the the 2.0.1 sbf like two hours ago and I haven't received the OTA update notification for 2.1/2.2...what the hell?
    When I did it before in the past using the 2.0.1 sbf, I'd get an OTA notification for 2.1 almost immediately after booting my phone for the first time... now I don't..
  6. xguntherc

xguntherc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go into dialer and type this
    *#*# CHECKIN #*#* this checks in and see's if there's an update! or go into settings and check for update.

And now for my question. This entire thread. If I do this, I can still power on, and mess around with the phone right. I'm trying to fix a borked Droid but I'm not a verizon customer. So will i be stuck trying to activate it. or will it still work, just no network data?
  7. dboltz36

dboltz36 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    RSD lite FAIL

I'm trying to get my droid 1 back to stock and I get all the way to when RSD lite says "waiting for re-enumeration", and it stays there for a little while and then says failed flashing process and has FAIL in the result column. I've been looking for help for this on droid forums and I can't seem to find a solution. Any suggestions?

Thanks very much to anyone who replies
  8. hawkxcore

hawkxcore New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is quoted from above.... Always a good idea to read thru the thread...

"This is the best and most useful post that I have ever came across. One thing that I have experienced, is that if you don't have the USB drivers installed correctly to 2.0, it will fail when it tries to "Phone[0000]: Waiting for re-enumeration". Then it gets a 0x703e error message. After updating my laptop drivers to make it 2.0 - worked like a charm"
  9. thebarbrr

thebarbrr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Omfg

OMFG so i did 2.2 sbf to unroot and my RSD took forever then said FAIL!!! said that is was not flashed and then my phone said completed...booted back up and perfect! So people if you try this and it says fail, then you still may have a chance.
  10. xguntherc

xguntherc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where's the 2.2 sbf
  11. chomorro

chomorro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So my screen broke and i flashed 2.2 stock to unroot it. RSD said everything was fine and then said to manually reboot the phone. Well i turn on the phone and i cant tell if it worked since i cant get screen capture to recognize the phone in sdk.

Should i just try again? I didnt get a fail message, just a manually reboot phone message.
  12. xguntherc

xguntherc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, so I finally decided to try this as I was able to get CM6 to boot once, and now I'm back to my old boot-loop problem.

I ran the 2.0.1 sbf file and it got all the way to where it's supposed to boot and I STILL get a bootloop on the Red eye. RDS Lite does say Executed 100% but the result column still says in Process. and it says to Please manually power up the phone. That is because it's boot-looping. I think there might be a hardware problem.

I just dont understand why after wiping, installing SPRecovery and flashing CM6 I was able to get it to actually boot once and work fine, and after i rebooted I'm boot-looping again. and now it's still doing it after a full sbf redo.. I think that was a lucky boot and the phones just messed up inside. but idk
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  13. sbuikema

sbuikema New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    will this bring me back to stock where i can get my phone warrantied? my screen is so loose it feels like its gonna fall out but when rooted the warranty is void. or will verizon be able to tell its been rooted?
  14. lousycreep

lousycreep New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD!!! Saved my droid. Now i can go back to messing with it!!
  15. dboltz36

dboltz36 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do you install your drivers to 2.0 though? I checked mine and I believe they're at like 6.x
Search tags for this page
download vzw a855 esd20 qsc6085bp c 01.3b.01p sw update.sbf
error switching phone to bp pass through mode
esd20/bp:c 01.3b.olp
generic failure when sending command.
getphoneid failed: error
how to unbrick droid x2
unbrick droid a855
unbrick droid incredible 2

unbrick droid x2

vzw a855 esd20 qsc6085bp c 01.3b.01p sw update.sbf