1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

unroot phone with broken power button?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by BRUINSdroidBOSTON, Jul 17, 2010.

1. BRUINSdroidBOSTON

BRUINSdroidBOSTON New Member

I have read a lot of people complaining that their power button has broken. I am rooted and if my power button breaks is there a way I can boot into recovery to unroot it to exchange it at verizon?
  2. drivinfocused

drivinfocused New Member

Do a battery pull. Then put battery back in plug into wall charger. Hold x as it powers up. Should work. Or try rom manager and boot into recovery that way.
  3. BRUINSdroidBOSTON

BRUINSdroidBOSTON New Member

o, wow. should have realized that. I was just worried incase somthing like that happens. Thank you
  4. richjacksonkc

richjacksonkc New Member

Yep.. and it does work, my power button works just fine but I just tested to see if it would work for you.. booted right into recovery