1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Unroot/Lost root/downgrade. HELP ME PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by d_cooper28, Oct 10, 2011.

1. d_cooper28

d_cooper28 New Member

Hello. A few weeks ago I upgraded my droid X to 2.3.3. Prior to the upgrade I had z4 root. After the upgrade I deleted the app without unrooting.  Now I want to unroot or somehow reroot with this new update. The superuser thing is still there but when I try to run anything that requires a root, it says your phone must be rooted. When I try to rerun z4 it does nothing. My research has uncovered that the z4 means nothing on this new update. Please help! Thanks a bunch.If no one knows how to get this rerooted can you please give me some guidance on how to set it back to factory so I can start all over. Thanks again!
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

The reason Superuser is there but does not work is because the GB updates breaks root. Which would you prefer to root this or roll back to stock?

If you want to root what you have currently you can use the D3 One-click Method. This is a link to the one I use and it should work on any Moto device running 2.3.3: http://www.psouza4.com/Bionic/

I
    f you want to roll back to 2.2.1 and root using z4 then you will need to SBF which is far more involved but IMO not too bad.
  3. d_cooper28

d_cooper28 New Member

I have a MAC. I went to the MAC link and it redirected me to another message board, but I was unable to find the instructions for this one click method. Please help. I need you to guide me like a 3 year old. My preferred method is just to root with the upgrade, since that's supposed to be easier. By the way, THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!
Search tags for this page

one click unroot and downgrade

will i lose root if i downgrade to stock