Unroot HELP

micfangs05

Reaction score
I have gone through two batteries since i rooted my phone. I am not spending another 50$ for a battery and want to make my phone the way i got it, with the Verizon startup screen. I was told that all i need to do is factory reset and the factory reset only wipes the phone out but still has to Liberty OS on it. Can someone please help. Thanks.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Which method did you use to root in the first place? Most I've seen have an unroot method also

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
M

micfangs05

Reaction score
I use a droid x. I cut like 4 steps out of the install process when i put Liberty on it. I jsut looked up SBF and the SBF instructions dont seem to work with my phone or im doing it completely wrong.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
What file are you trying to sbf? 2.3.3 .602? Just make sure the computer has rsdlite 5.4.4 and the proper Motorola drivers and you should have no problem sbfing. Of course I've always had to boot into stock recovery and did a factory reset for the SBf to take, on a Droid x with 2.3.3 you hold home and power button to power on the phone and release power to get in stock recovery

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Which sbf method are you using?
Factory cable?
what's going on with it?

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

OP
M

micfangs05

Reaction score
why cant there just be a simply way to do this because just to get my phone to get a free new battery is some serious bull**** to go through