Unroot Help

lieblax

Reaction score
If the superuser thing is still there then you are still rooted. The temporary root will root your phone until you reboot it, while permanent will permanently root it, unless of course you click unroot after you permanently root it

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Afaik sbf is ONLY Motorola phones. Not Samsung.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
Syndacate

Syndacate

Reaction score
If the superuser thing is still there then you are still rooted. The temporary root will root your phone until you reboot it, while permanent will permanently root it, unless of course you click unroot after you permanently root it

Oh, no, that's definitely not it, rebooted many times.

Afaik sbf is ONLY Motorola phones. Not Samsung.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

Ah, okay...****.

------------------

I can't believe I didn't think about this before, I still have all the original files I used to unroot..wow, what an idiot.

So...I needed the usb drivers for the GalaxyS, I'm guessing those were for windows, though. has 0-21 folders in it, Simmental, Siberian, Swallowtail, etc.

The other is called FascinateRoot_v02, it has a Superuser.apk application IN it, along with a bunch of scripts, rage.bin img, and a binary called adb.exe. If I had to guess I'd say the scripts threw that image on and the superuser app, and ran the exploit externally. It also has busybox in it. This kind of root make sense to anybody? I can give a full file list of that dir if you want.

I'm thinking that's why Superuser stayed..but I still don't know if i can just uninstall Superuser, then unroot the phone, and check to see if it's still rooted, now that Superuser is gone.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
All I can tell you, is that explains how you got rooted...and it wasnt through titanium Back-up....:biggrin:

I have forgotten..what is it you are trying to do again?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Try following the manually root your Fascinate link in my sig. There are unrooting instructions in there. All you need is root access (which you have) and Terminal Emulator from the Market.

OP
Syndacate

Syndacate

Reaction score
BodyBagz said:
All I can tell you, is that explains how you got rooted...and it wasnt through titanium Back-up....

I have forgotten..what is it you are trying to do again?

It had something to do with titanium back-up, it was part of the hack, I posted the main concepts/files downloaded for the root, I was wondering if anybody knew which hack/root it was, so maybe I can get some insight into how to unroot it. I'm trying to unroot it, so I can take it to the VZW store and get my phone/camera replaced. Camera's shot.

furbearingmammal said:
Try following the manually root your Fascinate link in my sig. There are unrooting instructions in there. All you need is root access (which you have) and Terminal Emulator from the Market.

Okay, I have the term emulator already, I'll try it and come back with the results.

OP
Syndacate

Syndacate

Reaction score

Hey,

I'm kind of lost. I went to the info in the fascinate link and didn't see anything that could really help me short of option 2 D, which is removing busybox and super user manually, but I can't switch user ("su") - tells me permission denied, not sure how to give root access to the terminal emulator.

It says that the unroot info for the fascinate is needed (2B)..I'm probably missing something, could you be a bit more specific, though? Sorry.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, then what you need to do is ROOT using the method listed, then UNROOT using the method listed. :)

It'll get rid of those apps so you won't have to worry about then denying you a warranty replacement if you need one.

OP
Syndacate

Syndacate

Reaction score
Okay, then what you need to do is ROOT using the method listed, then UNROOT using the method listed. :)

It'll get rid of those apps so you won't have to worry about then denying you a warranty replacement if you need one.

Alright, so re-root using option B (this link), then unroot using option D, right?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
Syndacate

Syndacate

Reaction score
Try this. It's done on-phone so it should be easier, then just unroot. If you can't get rid of SU then it's in xbin and not bin. Or vice versa. I can't remember which way the directions tell you to get rid of it. :)

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

I tried using z4root 1.3 to unroot, it did its thing, I rebooted, and nothing appeared to have been changed, but I have no idea how to check. The SuperUser icon was still in may applications, though. You saying I should re-root using z4root then unroot using z4root?

Sorry about all the questions, just hella confused due to the 95,000 different ways to root and me not being sure where exactly mine stands at the present time.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I meant use it to root, then follow the unrooting directions in the thread to unroot so you make sure you get it all.

z4root can be a bit sloppy. It works, but it can leave a mess. :)

Another option would be superoneclick. That might even unroot you.

OP
Syndacate

Syndacate

Reaction score
I meant use it to root, then follow the unrooting directions in the thread to unroot so you make sure you get it all.

z4root can be a bit sloppy. It works, but it can leave a mess. :)

Another option would be superoneclick. That might even unroot you.

Alright, sweet, I'll try rooting again with z4root then using the option D to remove SU, busybox, and super user.

I'll come back with results o_O.

Thanks!