Unroot Droid X part of touchscreen hosed

laughinoutloud

Reaction score
First of all, I took some advice and rooted without truly understanding I was in waaaaaay over my head. Now a 1" band of my touch screen no longer works, which is exactly where the unroot button is for z4.

I followed instructions in another thread and got the phone mostly back to stock, except for the superuser. I've tried to read and understand these different posts but I'm confused (doesn't take much). One said if I have 30.04 it wouldn't work and I had to download a different file but it didn't say how to do that. The same one said I need to download moto drivers and other files..... to my PC, then connect the phone??

I have my replacement phone now but need to remove the superuser file before returning it to VZ.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!! And no, I do not plan on rooting my replacement X. I'll just stick to stock.

Last edited:

rebaf

Reaction score
Your touchscreen didn't break from rooting.
Just send the phone back, was a hardware problem.

From phone.

tylcunni

Reaction score
If you filed the claim for an OS issue then they'll check indefinitely but if its a hardware issue they just mainly check for the liquid damage indicator and any visible damage

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums