Unroot D1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jamba7, Jul 16, 2011.

1. jamba7

jamba7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How to do a complete unroot and wipe to stock out of the box condition? I have to send my phone back soon. Verizon is giving me a D2 to replace it. Or should I keep my D1? Any opinion and/or help is appreciated.

Sent from my Droid
  2. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
  3. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    As posted above, an SBF flash back to stock, then take the OTA updates is probably the easiest route. Pete has a good list of files: Peter Alfonso to choose from.

I'm due for an upgrade, as of last week. I'm keeping my D1 at least until I can root the Bionic I'm leaning towards picking up. The D1 is rooted with a rom which allows for Ad-Hoc network connections, which is needed to control a Parrot AR.Drone quadricopter I picked up. Likewise, if you know anyone who could use something similar to an iPod touch, your old phone will be able to function in a similar manner as a wifi only device once you drop the data and phone plan off it.

If you are turning it in because it is defective vs just trading it in makes a difference too.
    As moto is no longer selling or sending out replacement D1 phones to people there is a good chance your turned in D1 will be just tossed into some bin without anyone looking at it. They may reflash them to purge all existing data and give them to some charitable organization or may just recycle and scrap the parts. I have no real clue, but am curious.
Search tags for this page

unroot do d1