Unroot/Back to Stock (2.2) Without .sbf or RSD Lite - Droid 1 Only

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok great. i cant thank you enough for this. also will i get updates from google now? so this basically makes my phone the same as it was before i rooted it right?

yep and yep

doublea500

Reaction score
great, hopefully my droids battery will be better now and it wont be slow and if not!? well ive got ma warranty back! ->verizon store for a new droid!!! woot

give me a sec lemme post a pic of my screwed up battery

here http://yfrog.com/mysnap20101002134941p

sorry about the ugliness* its hard to shake while holding notifications lol:D
look at the charging from, charging since, and battery% now

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just tried this method this morning with the .zip provided, i got an error message.

I followed all directions with the stock recovery and it didn't work. Just letting you guys know...

BeADroid

Reaction score
jntdroid - thanks for the help. I just used this method to reset my phone. getting a droid 2 on warranty replacement. Thanks

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just tried this method this morning with the .zip provided, i got an error message.

I followed all directions with the stock recovery and it didn't work. Just letting you guys know...

can you elaborate a little more on the error?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted

can you elaborate a little more on the error?
+1 ^^^ this. It's all in the details.

otter34

Reaction score
OK I had to get yet another phone. I think I'm on my 4th. The last 2 or 3 times I went back to stock I would open the market and there were 20-30 programs downloading. This time, however I don't see anything downloading although it said that facebook, google goggles and gmail need to be updated. Based on another poster's advice I'm waiting for everything to re-install before rooting again, but I'm wondering if maybe I have a market problem or if it's normal NOT to see the apps I've downloaded before being re-installed? I tried rebooting.

gmail and facebook are still hanging and under the download section it only shows apps I've paid for and it doesn't even show the other 40 or so apps I have. It's been about 45 minutes

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I don't know if this is the advise that otter is referring to, as the way he (or she) put it and then described what they've done is different than what I suggest.

This is best done while you have wifi available. As FBM said, do a factory data reset. Then after you sign back into your google account, set your phone down. Do NOT touch it at ALL. Do not enter the market, do not look for your apps. When the 'sync' icon dissapears from your notification bar, leave your phone alone still. Only when you see "xxx applications restored" in your notification bar do you then pick your phone up and see if you need to get more from the market, root it, make a phone call, etc.

good luck

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
What Teddy/Fur said... don't even look at the market app icon until you've allowed it to sync and see that message in the notification bar. Just opening the market while it's syncing can mess is up. It's possible it wont fully download everything now, depends on what it "saved" when you tried earlier and it messed up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

otter34

Reaction score
I'd say you're probably going to have to do a factory reset. Sorry. If someone else has any ideas, though, please speak up. :)

I did that. OK, here's the thing. Like I said I'm on my 3rd refurbished droid. Heck I haven't even sent the other ones in yet. The last 2 automatically downloaded the apps I had installed right afterwards. This one still hasn't. I don't have my backup pro or anything like that. I called Verizon and they told me that the apps don't automatically come back even though I'm sure they did the last 2 times. I don't know, but I'm going to go back to root and hopefully everything will be as it should be. Its' all very odd.

Before I did a reset I downloaded some things that I couldn't wait to be downloaded...if they would be. I downloaded gdocs, pandora and weather bug. Now after the reset all those apps show up under downloads and on my phone. Why do they appear, but the others not show up?

otter34

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the advise that otter is referring to, as the way he (or she) put it and then described what they've done is different than what I suggest.

This is best done while you have wifi available. As FBM said, do a factory data reset. Then after you sign back into your google account, set your phone down. Do NOT touch it at ALL. Do not enter the market, do not look for your apps. When the 'sync' icon dissapears from your notification bar, leave your phone alone still. Only when you see "xxx applications restored" in your notification bar do you then pick your phone up and see if you need to get more from the market, root it, make a phone call, etc.

good luck

Thanks. Not only did I not do any of that for 45 minutes, I didn't even look at it. There was no sync icon anymore when I was screwing with it and it said that 4 apps were restored.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, actually since this thread is about unrooting and not about rooting and/or market problems, why not please start a new thread if you still need help since we've taken two pages on this off topic branch of this thread.

thanks