Unroot/Back to Stock (2.2) Without .sbf or RSD Lite - Droid 1 Only

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This will return you to stock kernel on update.zip install and return to stock recovery after first OS boot.

storo1975

Reaction score
I know this has been a couple of years since anyone has posted here. I am planning on saying goodbye to my Verizon Droid 1 OG and wanted to revert it with the instructions but the dropbox download files no longer exists. Anyone have these that I can download from?:hail:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I know this has been a couple of years since anyone has posted here. I am planning on saying goodbye to my Verizon Droid 1 OG and wanted to revert it with the instructions but the dropbox download files no longer exists. Anyone have these that I can download from?:hail:

I have a variation of this guide and all the files you need. Check my sig.

good luck

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well jntdroid PM'd me today about the files that are missing in his OP. He had questions about the files he had downloaded from my collection to make sure they were the correct ones.

There was another thread (can't remember where) where another user had problems with this process. It was probably because the original files (at least in my guide) were a 'master' to FRG22 and therefore failed the certification since the other user was already at at least FRG83D/G.

EDIT: found other user/posts:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ck-using-sbf-post-ikithme-16.html#post2075096

So since I told jntdroid this morning about the correct files and that I would update my guide, I have now done so and updated my guide so that it should be almost flawless.

The only reason I started writing and now maintain guides at my site is because I can have total control of the content, files, and links; even though sometimes they are similar to some of the threads here and elsewhere. However, unlike some of the stickied threads here and elsewhere and some of the youtube videos, I keep them as up to date as possible for our now (in some circles) out of date Motorola A855 and archive/delete the out of date info.

soapbox mode off.

Last edited:

eddiepliers

Reaction score
I've tried to use the update.zip and it gave me this error

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "/verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2.2/FRG83D/75603:user/release-keys" | | file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "/verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2.2/FRG83D/91102:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Right now I just used the FRG22D and booted it in Clockwork mod like any other roms I done, now I'm stuck in the Droid bootloop

Last edited:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Did you do a factory data reset first? Sometimes that is why you will bootloop. You _should_ be able to manually boot into CWRecovery and try the reset from there.

Also, what rom were you running? Because it has a mismatch (as far as I can tell) in the build.prop file. FRG83D is 2.2.1. FRG83G is 2.2.2. Either way, that is possibly the problem with using the FRG22D file. Try this file here:

http:/ted.servepics.com/nap/droid/signed-voles-FRG83G-ota.zip

and see if that fixes it. If the info doesn't show as a link, copy and paste it into a new tab/window.

good luck

SniperDroid

Reaction score
The links won't work...

I'm trying to unroot a OG Droid, so I can pass it on to a friend that loves his, but broke it. Anyway, the links for the two files to download on 'Minus'
won't work for me... they keep locking up my computer. I don't even see them to ckick download from the browser in my droid. Can you help me out
with the files? Thanks

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I am just now rebuilding my server, and have re-added the links in my sig. It may take a day or so to finish the process, but if you click on the Motorola Droid files link in my sig you will be presented with quite the long list. But the files you seek are (or will be soon) there.

good luck

SniperDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast help....

Thank you very much for the quick response, and access to the files. I used the deodexed versions and they worked to return the phone to stock,
but they did not break root. Do the files have to be the specific masters to do that?

Opps! Scratch that... on another post I found out about Z4Root. I sideloaded it onto the phone and finished it that way. With your files and that
for a finish, the phone is now totally stock, and ready for my friend to have Big Red switch it over. Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:
OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So ironic - I actually had my OG Droid activated for a brief stint this weekend... and here we are resurrecting this ancient thread! :D