Unroot/Back to Stock (2.2) Without .sbf or RSD Lite - Droid 1 Only

Discussion in 'Tech Guides for root users' started by jntdroid, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I could possibly help u with that...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

2. ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Take the latest rooted frg83g zip (anyone will work) on your pc. Open the zip, find the build.prop under system. Then modify your build.prop fingerprint and system version to match the latest build.prop. At least it should trick the server into thinking you already have the latest fingerprint and cease with the update notifications... in theory. Without a usb port I think your options are limited. ;)

3. skeezicks

skeezicks New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Should it matter that the frg83g zip file I inspect is rooted? Wouldn't any legit file do? Also, I see a build.prop file in my /system directory. What can I use to edit it? Astro doesn't seem to have that capacity.

Again, thanks!

4. ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Any current build.prop will work for reference.
    Use root explorer to navigate to your system file. Then long press on build.prop, select open im text editor, then edit it to show what is on the current build prop.

5. Droidisthefuture

Droidisthefuture New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HElp

So I've tried 3x to follow through this. My Droid quit recognizing the battery, so I'm plugged into the wall (with a worn out usb port) and trying to get this taken care of in the next 5 days so I can mail a "stock" phone back to Verizon. Is there anyone I could call to talk through this for me? I think the problem is that my phone is still running off of frg01. Thanks

6. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    The question is why did your droid stop recognizing the battery? Were you trying another method to root and/or unroot your phone? What brought you to this point? Why do you now need to return your phone?

Please provide us with some more details, as the symptoms you posted have in my experience been related to using old and outdated files to try to root your droid; to be specific, using the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file with RSD Lite to root a A855 phone that is NOT running ESE81, which you admit that your phone is (or was) running FRG01.

7. UggTheThug

UggTheThug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This was a wonderful guide! Sold by OG on ebay to help finance a fresh, glowing Bolt!

By the way, the droid automatically downlaoded FRG83G on its own. May want to change the OP. Either way excellent, worryless unroot

8. Robster

Robster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am trying to get back to stock but I am just a little confused. I am using ClockWork Recovery. What confuses me are these directions from the first page in the second part of the instructions:

With Clockwork, you do not have to name everything "update.zip". Because of this, you'll want to leave the FRG22D file as it is currently named, and you'll want to rename the FRG83G patch file to "update.zip"

I thought I was supposed to install the FRG22D file (as the update.zip) but that statement above makes it sound like the first think I am to install is the FRG83G patch file. Help please.

9. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, the frg22d u DO NOT rename. In clockwork u can select whatever file u want. Once u flash that and have the stock recovery, the only thing it will flash has to be named update.zip. u do not have an option to select whatever u want, the update.zip is the only option it gives u.

Sent from my Droid

10. Robster

Robster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks but why am I told to rename the FRG83G patch to update.zip in those directions?

11. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Because the stock recovery (which is what u will have) ONLY flashes things named update.zip

U might not even have to do that though, as he mentioned after he flashed the 2.2 he got the updates OTA

Sent from my Droid

12. Robster

Robster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Alright, I think I got it. When using CWMRecovery, I want to first flash the FRG22D but it will later flash the FRG83 patch since I will have named it update.zip. Thanks much!

Search tags for this page
droid 1 2.2 sbf
flashing sprecovery sbf to stock 2.2

motorola droid 1 stock sbf

motorola droid stock
rsd motorola frg22d.sbf download
sbf droid x without computer
unroot 2.2 droid

unroot back to stock 2.2

unroot motorola droid
unroot verizon droid 1