Unroot/Back to Stock (2.2) Without .sbf or RSD Lite - Droid 1 Only

Taco

Reaction score
After I flash the master ota and reboot you say to reactivate my phone. Do you mean just enter my google account? Or do I have to do something else?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Taco

Reaction score
Touch the android to begin...

Droid. The first Droid. The best Droid. My Droid. And boy do I hate stock.

That's what I figured but idk how to reactivate my phone on the network so I didn't want to flash away before I knew what would happen.

Thanks!

Taco

Reaction score
You touch the android and go through the wizard.

Droid. The first Droid. The best Droid. My Droid. And boy do I hate stock.

Ya I know that thanks ... I read somewhere else that a *228 was required ... guess not :)

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
To be purely OCD technical, activating your phone and signing back into your google account should be considered and referred to as two very distinct things.

What furman described (touching the Android) is signing back into your google account.

What Taco is describing (dialing *228) is re-activating the phone, which this guide in post #2 says may need to happen if:

<snip>. . . it will update your baseband to the latest version if you don't have it already. . . <snip> If it requires an activation (it could, depending on your previous baseband), go ahead and activate it.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
what they said!

:icon_ banana:

skeezicks

Reaction score
OK. Quick question. I rooted my Droid 1, currently running stock 2.2.1, FRG83D. Somewhere along the line I got fed up with having Quickoffice, so I deleted it using the Titanium Backup program. Along comes a new OTA, FRG83G, and I'd like to install it, but naturally that won't work, since I'm rooted.

So I unrooted, using SuperOneClick (same way I rooted), received the OTA again, but it wouldn't take. Presumably, that's because I removed Quickoffice, and now the checksum isn't correct.

If I unroot and flash the stock FRG22D update.zip, will I get Quickoffice back so I can update to FRG83G through the OTA (or otherwise)? I'd like to do that, if only to stop those annoying OTA reminders.

Yes, I've tried Googling my way to an already written answer, but obviously I haven't been successful. Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited:
OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK. Quick question. I rooted my Droid 1, currently running stock 2.2.1, FRG83D. Somewhere along the line I got fed up with having Quickoffice, so I deleted it using the Titanium Backup program. Along comes a new OTA, FRG83G, and I'd like to install it, but naturally that won't work, since I'm rooted.

So I unrooted, using SuperOneClick (same way I rooted), received the OTA again, but it wouldn't take. Presumably, that's because I removed Quickoffice, and now the checksum isn't correct.

If I unroot and flash the stock FRG22D update.zip, will I get Quickoffice back so I can update to FRG83G through the OTA (or otherwise)? I'd like to do that, if only to stop those annoying OTA reminders.

Yes, I've tried Googling my way to an already written answer, but obviously I haven't been successful. Thanks in advance for any input!

I don't know if you'll get QuickOffice back, but if you follow these steps and start by going back to FRG22D, it should all work.

Actually, I guess QuickOffice does typically come with the stock /system... so probably so!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Sometimes the updates will not install if there are some of the 'stock' apps missing. We had that problem WAY back in the early days, and that is why it was suggested to rename the .apk to .bak instead of just removing them. That way if a failure happened, renaming bak to .apk allowed the update to install.