Unroot and Restore on a Replacement Droid...

jmed99

Reaction score
Guys, I've searched but can't find this exact case so I thought I would ask. I'm kinda new at all this stuff so please don't flame.

I'm currently rooted and running the chevy01 Rom with an ULV 1.0 Kernal. I had to order a replacement D1 due to a warranty issue.

-How can I unroot so that Verizon can't tell its ever been rooted? Is there a link with step by step instructions for this?

-Can I backup my phone and restore everything on the new phone so that the new phone is exactly like the one I have now after my current phone has been rooted? What if I root the new phone and load a restore from SD card using Rom Manager?

Thanks for your help guys! dancedroid

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So easy, just make a nandroid backup or backup your apps. Then install RDS Lite on your PC, flash the stock SBF to your droid, reboot and its clean. I had to do it a few weeks back, only took 15 minuted to learn and do it...

ohcop72

Reaction score
My replacement is on the way and I have to send mine back, how can I unroot when my screen does not work. I am very familiar with rooting and flashing, but do not know how to do this without the use of the screen to see. Any suggestions or will Verizon not figure it out. Running Sapphire rom.

warrior21

Reaction score
My replacement is on the way and I have to send mine back, how can I unroot when my screen does not work. I am very familiar with rooting and flashing, but do not know how to do this without the use of the screen to see. Any suggestions or will Verizon not figure it out. Running Sapphire rom.

You could probably still flash the SBF using RSD lite. Open RSD lite and then press the power button while pressing up on the keypad. As soon as you are in the bootloader screen it will show up as connected in RSD. Find the file and press start, you can monitor the progress from the computer, and when it reaches 100% you can unplug it. It's worth a shot.