unroot and. 893 question

DrZenga

Reaction score
Okay so couldn't i just open up bootstrap, return to stock, unroot with pete's then use p3's forever root method and then update to. 893? Or do i havw to do it the FXZ way?

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
Okay so couldn't i just open up bootstrap, return to stock, unroot with pete's then use p3's forever root method and then update to. 893? Or do i havw to do it the FXZ way?

I was basically stock with root and deodexed so I just went into CWM Recovery and used Advanced Restore to just restore my system since it was the only thing that was changed. Then I applied the forever root method and installed the update to .893.

OP
D

DrZenga

Reaction score
So I don't have to unroot?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

DrZenga

Reaction score
So I just need to go stock, and it doesn't matter which program I use to go stock correct?

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
So I just need to go stock, and it doesn't matter which program I use to go stock correct?

If you have a backup that is stock/root. All you have to do is go into CWM recovery and under backup and restore choose advance restore then restore just the system. This way you don't lose all your data. You could FXZ through rsd lite but there really isn't any reason to. I went to .893 to get the newer baseband and kernel then back using p3droids method and didn't have to wipe data.

Edit: when I say stock/root backup I mean one that has an odexed system.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
D

DrZenga

Reaction score
Deodexed??? Sorry retard moment, I know enough just not everything.

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
With the .odex files still in the /system. Did you make a backup right after you rooted?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
D

DrZenga

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, I did.

Zane_Grey

Reaction score