Unrevoked3 not rooting Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jrosser, Nov 16, 2010.

1. jrosser

jrosser Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having issues rooting my droid incredible using Unrevoked3. I have done this in the past as this is my second phone and it worked fine on the first. This new phone already has 2.2 software on it, not sure if that makes a differnce.

Driver is installed, USB Debuging is enabled, no sync software is installed.

i connect the phone to the computer via USB, run unrevoked3, it reboots the phone into hboot.. then says waiting on reboot and the phone just boots into the OS.. it does not boot into clockworkmod like it is supposed to.

i have tried to whipe the phone and still getting same results..

if i try to go into recovery mode manually it is still the andoid recovery and not clockwork..

any ideas?

thanks,

2. techguru

techguru Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you got the November OTA update, Unrevoked won't work to root it. The unrevoked team is going to need to figure out how to root the new update and release a new version.

There may be other more manual methods that work, but if so, I am not aware of them. (there is a process to load the OTA on a rooted phone and get root back again, and it may lead to some hints. See Installing OTA to Rooted Android )

Alan

3. jrosser

jrosser Member

Ratings:
    +0
    probobaly.. i only just got the phone so it prob came with the update..

4. jrosser

jrosser Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is there a way to downgrade / uninstall the OTA update?

5. techguru

techguru Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Once someone figures out how to root it, there will be a way to downgrade, but since your goal is rooting anyway, you will need to wait either way.

I don't expect it will take too long for the Unrevoked team to find a way to root it. It only took them a week or so to root the 2.2 OTA.

Alan

Search tags for this page

droid incredible unrevoked3 rebooting into recovery

when i plug my phone in unrevoked3 doesnt start