1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Unreliable GPS

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by strollin, Jan 20, 2011.

1. strollin

strollin New Member

The GPS on my Droid X is driving me nuts. Navigation with it is extremely unreliable in that sometimes it will get a satellite fix within seconds but most times it will never get a satellite fix. Google Navigation will report "searching for GPS" continuously and then will eventually reboot the phone. I often need to reboot, turn GPS off/on multiple times or open/close the navigation app several times before I can use it for navigation. Most of the time once it gets a fix it works fine after that.

One of my sons has a Droid 1 and the other has an HTC Incredible and both of those reliably get a satellite fix within seconds.

I suspect I have a hardware problem with my Droid X but how can I determine what the issue is so I can approach VZW about it?
Search tags for this page

phone gps unreliable

why are gps's unreliable

why is droid x gps unreliable