Unrelenting sound issues

Thatonedude

Reaction score
Brace yourselves, this one's a long one. My sound issues started back when I flashed Aokp M5. I had many issues with music. For example, sometimes i would hit the play button on the poweramp widget and the song would play but no sound came out of the speaker. Or I would hit play and sound came out, but the song would randomly pause. Also, I had problems with listening to music through bluetooth. Sometimes, I would hit play and the song would go on playing but no sound came through my headphones. And then again, it would but the music would randomly pause. At this point, I thought the problem had to be Poweramp, but after I installed it, i encountered similar problems with play music. Another problem I had was during calls. Sometimes I can hear someone on the other end, sometimes I couldn't. I also had problems with the speaker phone going on and off whenever I pressed speaker. I tried re-flashing the rom, wiping just about everything along the way. I did that 5 times and still no luck. I thought the problem could be one of the apps. I used volume +, and tried using the rom without it one time, but still no luck. Alas, I took drastic measures and flashed the gnexus to stock and unrooted it but kept the bootloader unlocked. I rooted it back again, and installed Liquid. This time, I tried didn't install volume + or poweramp at all. Of course, I still encountered the same problem. I played a song trough play music, and the song would play but no sound came from the speaker. I did notice one little quirk before doing this. When I selected my ringtones and clicked on one to hear it, the ringtone would skip and the volume would be raised, then lowered. It's like it's indecisive. I hope someone can help me out, because this is driving me through the roof. I've just about had it with this device, and I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue rather than software. I'm considering flashing this thing back to stock, unrooted with bootloader locked, but what's the fun in that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.